AS Ethnic Student Center Office Assistant Support Staff (Work Study)
Company: Western Washington University
Posted on: February 5, 2020
AS Ethnic Student Center Office Assistant Support Staff (Work
Study) 2019-2020Apply nowWork type:Associated
StudentsLocation:Bellingham, WACategories:Student EmployeePosition
TitleAS Ethnic Student Center Office Assistant Support Staff (Work
Study) 2019-2020About the DepartmentThe ESC is a community that
supports historically underrepresented ethnic students and allies
by providing a social atmosphere and inclusive environment where we
engage in identity exploration and strive for cultural awareness
and academic excellence.About the PositionThe ESC Office Assistants
primarily support the administrative functions of the office by
providing receptionist and clerical duties. Each assistant is to
support the center by: being the first contact for anyone coming in
the ESC, scheduling meetings, communicating with staff members, and
working on clerical assignments as assigned by ESC Professional
Staff.Terms of PositionThis is a three quarter position. This
position begins the Monday two weeks before the start of classes
fall quarter and ends the Friday of finals week the following
spring quarter. This position works an average of 10 hours per
week. The position holder may work more some weeks and less other
weeks depending on the offices needs. The position holder is
neither required nor expected to work during intersession, winter
break or spring break.Required Qualifications
- Maintain a minimum credit load throughout term of position of 6
credits for undergraduates and 4 credits for graduates.
- Must receive Work Study award from Financial Aid
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.00 cumulative grade point
- Ability to complete the entire term of the position.Preferred
- Possess Communications skills which include the ability to
communicate with people of diverse opinions and backgrounds.
- Basic clerical and office skills.
- Good spelling and grammar skills.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Basic computer skills including word processing and
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude in all aspects of
office operation and client services.
- Ability to perform duties with supervision, as a team member,
- Ability to balance school, work, and personal commitments.AS
- Serve the membership of the Associated Students in a
professional and ethical mannerby:
- Being familiar with and upholding the AS Charter, all WWU
policies, and all AS policies including the Employment Policy, Code
of Conduct, and Program Standards.
- Being knowledgeable of the AS organization and its general
- Ensure the continuity and legacy of this positionby:
- Working with supervisor and Personnel Director to revise and
update position job description.Position Responsibilities
- Provide support for the ESC day to day functionsby:
- Stay informed on ESC activities and serve as resource to the
front desk and provide services when necessary.
- Answer phones and serve as a receptionist for the ESC.
- Word process, type, copy, file and distribute materials as
- Be first contact with individuals requesting resources at the
- Provide communication and calendar support for professional
staff and SOS Academic Coordinator by scheduling meetings and
providing contact information in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by ESC Professional
Staff.Academic EmphasisAll majors are encouraged to apply.Please
attach proof of work study award.WageStarting hourly rate of
$13.60.Application InstructionsA cover letter and resume are
required and should address your experience related to the position
responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. In
your cover letter please also specifically address the following
- Why are you interested in working for the Associated
- Why are you interested in working in this position?
- What specific skills, knowledge, and/or experience (paid and
volunteer) do you have that would help you be successful in this
- Will you be available for all mandatory AS Staff Development
training (this will not conflict with school) including Fall
Training between September 9th September 20th, Winter training on
Jan 6th, and Spring training on March 30th?
- What is your schedule of availability for a job interview?
Closing Date Notes Application open until February 11th. Western
Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained
faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with
applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering
an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability,
age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs
or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational
programs. See WWUs Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be
directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment
Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office,
Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High
Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711
(Washington Relay); email@example.comWWU is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate
format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human
Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington
Relay).All new employees must comply with the immunization policy
and show employment eligibility verification as required by the
U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU.
A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.Job
no:497371Advertised:Aug 22 2019 09:00Pacific Daylight
TimeApplications close:Feb 11 2020 23:55Pacific Standard Time
Keywords: Western Washington University, Bellingham , AS Ethnic Student Center Office Assistant Support Staff (Work Study), Administration, Clerical , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!