Lead, Front Desk-Administrative Assistant
Company: Northwest Pathology, PS
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARYThe Lead, Front Desk-Administrative
Assistant position will help coordinate and oversee front desk
operations and administrative support for our professional
building. This position functions in a team environment to ensure
that the highest quality of service and is provided both internally
and externally through various pathology support functions. This
position will support daily operations for front desk of
professional office by performing administrative tasks. We operate
on a 24/7/365 basis; individual may be required to work various
shifts, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Schedule
flexibility with and without advanced notice is required. ESSENTIAL
- Provide high-level administrative support to multiple
pathologists, as well as all other laboratory departments.
- Responding timely and professionally to inquiries from clients,
patients, and internal departments.
- Greet patients, clients and vendors in a courteous and
- Assist the pathologists in preparation for tumor boards and
- Send cases to reference laboratories or other institutions via
FedEx, UPS, or courier.
- Review and process paperwork including reports associated with
pathology specimens, as well as materials that have been sent to a
- Assist in troubleshooting issues brought to your attention by
coworkers and/or clients.
- Pull and file pathology slides and blocks.
- Able to act as a leader within the department, answering
questions and providing support and guidance to staff as
- Handles inventory management and ordering of office and kitchen
- Maintains reception, front desk, work room, file/mail room and
conference rooms clean and organized.
- Responsible for timely and accurate training of front desk team
- Attends various trainings and meetings as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree is a
- Active and valid US State-Issued Driver's License with
acceptable motor vehicle record as defined and approved by NWP-NWL
vehicle insurance carrier. EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3+ years of experience required:
- Reception/Front Desk
- Administrative support
- High demand, fast paced, exceptional customer service or call
center environment providing an understanding of company services,
- Lead role within a team in a complex, multi-channel,
multi-function high-volume office and phones providing superior
- Development and management of operational standards which
includes but is not limited to: work, workflow, task assignments,
policies, processes and procedures
- Proficiency with computers and strong, accurate typing
- Laboratory and/or healthcare environment experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Minimum accurate typing speed of 60 WPM.
- Exhibits patience and approachability, sets positive tone and
example for team member behavior, work ethic & quality, abilities,
skills and overall performance.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality at all levels;
acts with high integrity.
- Establishes and maintains solid interpersonal relationships
with team members across all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrates and facilitates professional communication skills;
must be able to understand, listen, write and speak fluently,
professionally, and, effectively in the English language.
- Motivated, responsible and organized self-starter who excels at
time management, timely follow-up, meeting commitments, and,
possesses a passion for continuous learning and improvement.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, research and
problem-solving skills. Pro-active ability to identify, assess,
improve/refine and solve complex challenges, processes and/or
- Ability to successfully work collaboratively within a team as
well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast paced, high growth,
team-based environment while successfully handling competing and
ever-changing priorities and responsibilities with frequent
- Solid track record of taking responsibility and holding one's
self accountable for high quality task deliverables within
- Effective facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and conflict
- Exhibit personal presentation in a professional manner as it
relates to appearance, communication and actions.
- Proficient software/computer skills utilizing various
applications which includes, but is not limited, to the following:
MS Windows, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, health care
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Focused on overall NWP team success vs. solely on individual
success. WORKING CONDITIONS
- We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct
ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other
accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every
employee has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance,
and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical
- The organization has several processes in place to communicate
with leadership and expects that employees will have a commitment
to integrity and uncompromising values.
- This position works in a demanding, fast-paced office and lab
environment with the need to meet daily workload requirements.
Incumbent may be exposed to chemicals and requires the use of
personal protection equipment and universal precautions.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers/keyboards/mice, printers, phones, mobile devices,
photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, etc. The noise level
in the office work environment varies from moderate to loud.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10
pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force
constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle or feel; grasp and/or reach with hands and arms;
repetitive movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
visual acuity and ability to adjust focus to perform an activity
such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; reading reports,
various forms charts or records, transcribing; viewing computer
monitor(s); extensive reading; and legally operate a motor vehicle.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as
necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the
level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of
responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive
listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties
and/or work various shifts as assigned including work in other
functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work
periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do
not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change
at the discretion of the employer.
Keywords: Northwest Pathology, PS, Bellingham , Lead, Front Desk-Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!