Adjunct English Instructor
Company: Whatcom Community College
Posted on: September 11, 2019
Adjunct Faculty, English Instructor Location Bellingham, WA Job
Type Adjunct Faculty Department Arts & Humanities Job Number 00265
Closing Continuous Description Whatcom Community College invites
applications for a part-time, adjunct faculty position in the
English department for fall quarter 2019. The College seeks faculty
who have the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with
students, colleagues, staff, and others in a campus climate that
promotes cultural diversity, equity, and global understanding.Being
a faculty member at Whatcom offers the opportunity to engage with
diverse students, support equitable student outcomes, and reduce
equity gaps. Faculty have regular opportunities for on-campus
professional development, collaboration with colleagues, and
engagement in workshops and learning communities. These
opportunities contribute to faculty's professional and personal
growth. This position supports all four of the College's four core
themes - achieving success, building community, advancing equity,
and enhancing effectiveness. Job Responsibilities Duties include
but are not limited to:
- Developing, preparing, and teaching composition courses in
accordance with approved course outcomes and class schedules.
- Maintaining office hours at times and places convenient to
students, and responding to student emails and requests in a timely
manner. Qualifications, Salary and Appointment Minimum
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in English or a
closely related field.
- Experience teaching English 101, literature, and/or other
composition courses. Preferred Qualifications:(Preferred but not
- A commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Experience with culturally relevant course content, culturally
responsive pedagogical techniques, and/or critical race
- Experience engaging historically underserved students,
including African American, Latinx, Native Americans, Pacific
Islanders and/or other disproportionately impacted students.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual
orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college
- Experience with instructional technology.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration
- Experience in a community college environment. Salary:
- Based on the current adjunct salary schedule. Start Date:
- Fall quarter 2019 Application Due Date:
- For best consideration, applications should be submitted as
soon as possible and no later than Wednesday, September 4th, 2019
at 4:59 pm. Position open until filled. Special Instructions to
Applicant A completed application consists of an online application
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and
- Diversity statement that responds to the following question: (1
page max) *Whatcom Community College has a strategic plan goal to
close equity gaps in degree and certificate completion for all
student populations. Describe a time in which you contributed to
closing equity gaps for an underserved population, OR, describe
what you would do in your classroom to support underserved
- Current resum-- or CV.
- Unofficial transcripts for all earned degrees; official
transcripts are required prior to the official start date.
- List of three recent professional references with contact
information. Agency Whatcom Community College Address 237 W Kellogg
RdBellingham, Washington, 98226 Phone Website
Keywords: Whatcom Community College, Bellingham , Adjunct English Instructor, Education / Teaching , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!