WA-APP IND MAINT MECHANIC
Company: Matrix Service, Inc
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Work under the direction of a Journeyman/Woman. Willing to learn
the skills in the maintenance/turnaround/construction/or mechanical
* Actively supports the Company's commitment to safety and its Core
* Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards
while adhering to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and
* To work well with supervision.
* Properly perform work as directed.
* Able or learn to work from drawings and blueprints.
* Properly identify mechanical/construction tools and their
* Assemble and disassemble refinery equipment.
* Perform duties within a precise limit or standard of accuracy
* Proficiently run several types of equipment (forklifts,
extractors, manlifts, etc.).
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists,
cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by
inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and
other measuring instruments.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by
using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine
preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
* Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and
* Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to
and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize
* Perform all other job related duties as requested by
* Enroll in company's apprenticeship program.
* Follow apprenticeship policies and standards.
* Complete yearly required instructional hours.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Entry level to three (3) years of refinery
maintenance/turnaround/construction/or mechanical environment.
General Boilermaker/Mechanical skills found in a
turnaround/maintenance/construction environment. Knowledge of basic
hand tools. Must be able to pass Craft/Safety proficiency testing
at or above 70%. Complete Matrix Service Safety training, Process
Safety Management training and Client / Site specific training.
Must be able to obtain and maintain an active status within the
approved drug testing program. Must pass background check. TWIC
card required. Must have a high school diploma, GED, or other high
school equivalency credential. Need to be at least 18 years
Upon application review and interview the apprenticeship committee
will decide the applicant's stage/step in the apprenticeship
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital
status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected
characteristic or category.
Keywords: Matrix Service, Inc, Bellingham , WA-APP IND MAINT MECHANIC, Engineering , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!