Senior Civil/Structural Engineer - Oil & Gas (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the
United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and
technical services for the world's leading companies in the food
and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and
other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering
experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation,
control system integration, facility and process engineering,
architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance,
enterprise technology and other consulting services.Barry-Wehmiller
is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and
manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting
and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric
leadership with disciplined operational strategies and
purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.Job
Description: Seeking a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer who is a
highly motivate leader to join our team in Bellingham. The
successful candidate must have extensive experience in executing
projects for the Oil Refining, Gas Transmission or Petrochemical
industries with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness,
and a focus on safety. The candidate should have experience in
designing foundations for large industrial equipment such as
reciprocating compressors, turbines, and towers as well as steel
design for modular packages. The candidate must have excellent
communication skills and be able to work with other engineering
disciplines, sometimes across multiple offices.
- Determines applicable code requirements and correctly applies
them in the development of calculations or specifications
- Interacts with other engineering disciplines and designers
throughout the detail design portion of the project to coordinate
overall facility interfaces within the 3D model and other
- Provides technical expertise to the organization and maintains
strong client relationships.
- Provides mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- Stay up to date and current with all changes in codes and
industry standards both at state and national levels.
- Develops specifications and completes load calculations and
analysis of structures or foundations resulting in an engineered
sketch or output for development of Issued For Construction
packages by the design team.
- Performs field conditional assessments
- Interfaces with on-site and remote cross-functional project
- Assists in preparation of project schedules and estimates to
define the project plan.Requirements
- 10+ years of experience in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical
Industry is preferred with a varied range of project examples.
- Demonstrated ability to complete structural system analysis,
sizing, design, and report writing.
- Complete load calculations and analysis.
- A working knowledge of typical industry codes: IBC, ASCE 7,
AISC and ACI
- Strong knowledge of structural calculation software: STAAD
- Ability with AutoCAD is strongly preferred.
- Strong detailed design experience in steel structures and
concrete foundations. A sound understanding of how to design is
foundations for rotating equipment with unbalanced forces.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the
requirement for effective communication of complex issues across
multiple offices and teams.
- Travel may be required to commute to our clients' sites,
interact with other Design Group offices, and other intermittent
business needs. The combined travel required to support this role
is estimated to be 15 to 30%.Education
- BS from an ABET accredited University with Structural
concentration or MS degree in Structural Engineering
requiredLicenses and Certifications
- Must currently hold or be willing and eligible to obtain a
valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- A licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) is requiredAt
Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of
experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a
job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here,
please still consider applying. We know that our differences often
can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful
work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply
to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable
accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an
equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses
E-Verify.Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening
which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment
verifications, background screening and/or skills
assessments.Company:Design Group US Inc - provided by Dice
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Bellingham , Senior Civil/Structural Engineer - Oil & Gas (Design Group), Engineering , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!