Instrumentation & Controls Engineer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the
United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and
technical services for the world's leading companies in the food
and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and
other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering
experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation,
control system integration, facility and process engineering,
architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance,
enterprise technology and other consulting services.Barry-Wehmiller
is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and
manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting
and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric
leadership with disciplined operational strategies and
purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.Job
Description:Seeking an experienced (5+ Year) Instrument and
Controls Engineer who is a highly motivated to join our team in
Bellingham, WA. The successful candidate must have experience in
executing projects for the Refining, Gas Transmission, Advanced
Tech or Renewable Energy industries with the highest level of
quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety. The successful
candidate will work with other licensed engineers and experienced
designers to develop instrument specifications and PLC, SCADA, and
DCS based control systems for industrial facilities. The candidate
must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with
other engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple
- Instrumentation and control system engineering design for
industrial, manufacturing, and utilities projects.
- Specifications including calculations for flow meters,
analyzers, transmitters, and other field instruments; must have an
understanding of area classification and standard wiring
- Perform control system studies including troubleshooting
existing control systems, new system conceptual design and control
- Develop controls/instrumentation engineering documentation
including detailed instrument specifications and selection, logic
diagrams, loop sheets, instrument lists, I/O lists, and
instrumentation plan drawings.
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating
instrumentation/controls engineering/design efforts on
multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Field support including on-site design, technical support,
commissioning, and construction management.
- Provide project management for projects that are primarily
instrumentation/controls in nature.
- Provide training and mentoring of junior level
instrumentation/controls engineers and designers.
- Ability to working safely in a restricted refinery
- Proven ability to meet client deadlines.Qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience in the engineering design of industrial
control systems including instrumentation, control logic, PLC,
SCADA and DCS based control systems, and control systems
- Experience in SPI / InTools in preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in cost estimating (engineering and
capital costs), proposal development, marketing, and business
development efforts for I&C projects is preferred.
- Experience supervising engineers, designers, and drafters as
part of a control system design team.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% to work at project sites,
collaborate with design professionals in other offices, for
training and other purposes.
- Professional license or the ability to obtain a professional
- Must have the ability to obtain a TWIC card.Education
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical, Chemical, or
Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited school
- We are looking for candidates local to the area. For highly
qualified applicants outside of the local area some relocation
assistance may be available.At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that
people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the
technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to
what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you
require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.Applicants may be subject to
pre-employment screening which may include drug screening,
reference checks, employment verifications, background screening
and/or skills assessments.Company: - provided by Dice
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Bellingham , Instrumentation & Controls Engineer (Design Group), Engineering , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!