Company: Osborn Consulting
Posted on: February 9, 2024
We're looking for a Stormwater Engineer who is passionate about
water resources. This essential role works with Osborn Consulting's
Water Resources Practice, a diverse team that handles a variety of
municipal projects throughout the Pacific Northwest These include
everything from on-call projects with local cities to big budget,
multidisciplinary projects with state agencies - and a dynamic
range of work in between.
Our ideal candidate has a successful track record in storm drainage
system planning and Capital Improvement Project delivery. In
addition, proactive communication and strong writing skills are
essential to working with the team and clients alike.
We're looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of experience in stormwater engineering
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a related field
- Washington State EIT certification or PE license, or ability to
obtain within six months
- Skill in design and PS&E project delivery
- Experience with the preparation of stormwater design
- Knowledge of hydraulic and hydrologic stormwater
- Familiarity with principles and practices of design development
using computer aided design software, examples include AutoCAD
Civil3D, ArcGIS, MGSFlood, WWHM, SWMM, HEC-RAS, etc.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Strong communication skills for coordination with clients,
partners, and team members.
To thrive in this position, you may also have these
- Active participation in industry organizations such as APWA,
About the Role
As a Stormwater Engineer, you'll work on municipal projects in the
planning or design stages. These projects are critical to the
success and improvement of our clients' stormwater infrastructure.
You'll work with a highly collaborative team of engineers and civil
- Provide quality engineering reports, calculations, and
- Conduct site visits and provide data analysis, as
- Assist in the development of plans, specifications, and
- Assist in the development of concept level designs and
- Provide design solutions for projects within budget and time
schedules, ensuring compliance to applicable codes, accepted
engineering practices, and client and Osborn Consulting
- Provide support to the Project Manager for the coordination and
development of all project deliverables, including reports,
presentations, databases, etc.
This position can be based out of the Bellevue of Bellingham OCI
offices. However, most of the Water Resources Practice is based in
Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is an employee-owned consulting firm
providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban
design on public projects across Washington state. The power of
these public projects surrounds our daily lives, from the sidewalks
we stroll to visit our neighborhood park, to the confidence in
knowing our homes are safe from flooding when heavy rain comes. Our
team develops strong foundations of trust with cities, counties,
and agencies to achieve more resilient and more sustainable
We have grown strategically over the last 19 years from a firm of
one to a team of more than 85 motivated, hard-working, and creative
individuals. Working for OCI provides you the chance to learn new
skills, follow your passions, and have fun along the way!
What We Offer
- Competitive pay, medical and dental insurance, a 401K plan with
matching, PTO/holiday pay, health and fitness stipend, commute
support, and profit sharing.
- A collaborative and fun environment with idea-sharing,
learning, and curiosity.
- Training and mentoring.
- Opportunities for growth within the company.
What We Value
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with our core values
of Professionalism & Responsibility, Collaboration & Creativity,
Health & Well-Being, Laughter & Fun, Relationships & Respect,
Growth & Exploration.
Our Diversity and Inclusion
OCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse
workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance
completing the online application, please call 425-451-4009. Please
leave a message and a member of our People Operations team will
return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an
email may be sent firstname.lastname@example.org. "Applicant
Accommodation" should be included in the subject line of the email.
Please note that this phone number and email are only for those
individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for
OCI participates in theElectronic Employment Eligibility
Keywords: Osborn Consulting, Bellingham , Stormwater Engineer, Engineering , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!