Senior Mechanical Engineer - Oil & Gas (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller
Posted on: July 27, 2019
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the
United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and
technical services for the world's leading companies in the food
and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and
other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering
experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation,
control system integration, facility and process engineering,
architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance,
enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world. Job
Description:Seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer, PE who is a
highly motivate leader to join our engineering design team. The
successful candidate must have extensive experience in executing
projects for the Refining, Gas Transmission or Petrochemical
industries with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness,
and a focus on safety. The work will be varied and may include
conceptual studies, detailed design, field installation, or
construction support for projects ranging from small capital or
maintenance projects to full EPC capital projects. The candidate
must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with
other engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple
- Interacts with other engineering disciplines and designers to
prepare the project P&IDs and other governing documents;
maintains engagement throughout the detail design portion of the
project to ensure the resulting 3D modeling activities meet the
design intent and quality requirements of the project.
- Develops RFP packages and makes recommendations for supplier
technical selection. Reviews mechanical equipment vendor data and
interfaces with suppliers to resolve any technical issues.
- Creates and implements ideas to increase repeatability and
efficiency thru tools or procedures to maximize the team
- Sizes and specifies fixed and rotating mechanical equipment and
packaged equipment; develops the necessary specifications and data
sheets to define.
- Conducts pipe sizing, hydraulic studies and other engineering
analysis as required.
- Provides technical expertise to the organization and maintains
strong client relationships.
- Provides mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- Assists in preparation of project schedules and estimates to
define the project plan.Requirements
- 10+ years of experience in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical
Industry is preferred with a varied range of project examples.
- Natural Gas Distribution or Downstream Refining project
experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in the selection of reciprocating and turbine
compressors packages and integration into facilities; mechanical
equipment selection of supporting systems
- A strong knowledge and background of executing pipe stress
analysis and resolving difficult loading conditions; Caesar II
- Ability to apply engineering best practices, codes, and
standards to identify issues, recommend improvements, and implement
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the
requirement for effective communication of complex issues across
multiple offices and teams.
- Travel may be required to commute to our clients' sites,
interact with other Design Group offices, and other intermittent
business needs. The combined travel required to support this role
is estimated to be 15 to 30%.Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical EngineeringLicenses
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Must currently hold or be willing and eligible to obtain a
valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- We are looking for candidates local to the area. For highly
qualified applicants outside of the local area some relocation
assistance may be available. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal
opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller, Bellingham , Senior Mechanical Engineer - Oil & Gas (Design Group), Engineering , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!