Manager Sterile Processing
Posted on: December 3, 2019
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Sterile Processing for a 1.0 full
time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day
shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 178339
The manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the
department and coordinates the functions of sterile processing.
Leads continuous improvement efforts developing a culture of change
within and between departments with measureable improvement in
patient care outcomes and efficiency as related to sterile
- Oversees the daily workflow to ensure service standards are met
and to ensure staff consistently follows standard job expectations
and regulatory requirements. Establishes and maintains effective
training programs ensuring standards of excellence in the
- Responsible for the supervision of assigned staff; duties
include hire, train, mentor, corrective actions, maintenance of
work schedules, authorizing time off requests, and performance
evaluations. Responsible for analyzing resource requirements of the
department, and developing recommendations for staffing levels with
supporting justification documentation.
- Develops implements and monitors operating/capital budget;
tracking expenditures, purchase of office supplies, etc. with
budget authority as delegated for assigned areas. Includes
responsibility for managing instrument replacement budget.
- Acts as a liaison with key stakeholders to facilitate and
improve supply distribution and inventory performance for sterile
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and the business
work plans for the Sterile Processing department.
- Establishes and maintains Instrument Asset Management Program,
to include proactive refurbishment of surgical
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise designated)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and/or experience is
- Minimum of 2 years progressively responsible leadership
experience is required.
- Knowledge of sterile processing, aseptic technique regulatory
standards are required.
- Previous related experience in a healthcare environment is
- Demonstrated successful experience with positive outcomes in
problem solving, decision making, time management, finances and
budgets is required.
- Knowledge of lean thinking/continuous improvement theories and
their successful application in a work setting is strongly
- Certification from IAHCSMM, CBSPD or other nationally
recognized certifying body required.
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and problem solving
- Understands facility standards and practice guidelines as well
as state and federal regulations.
- Ability to lead teams and delegate assignments.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time
with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants
extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment;
reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per
month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled
shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of
your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit
Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington,
Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000
caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than
900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural
communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St.
Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today,
PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues
with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social
justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a
collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about
working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit
our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this
three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email
Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept
resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $32.97, more depending on
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without
regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified
individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender;
pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic
information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in
accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers
assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham -- Leadership -- Allied, Ancillary &
Clinical Support Leadership -- Full Time -- SURGICAL SVCS
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Bellingham , Manager Sterile Processing, Executive , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!