Community Standards Manager
Company: Whatcom Community College
Posted on: January 14, 2020
Exempt, Community Standards Manager
$48,000.00 - $54,000.00 Annually
Community Standards/Residence Life
Whatcom Community College welcomes applications for a Community
Standards Manager. Reporting to the Director for Community
Standards and Residence Life, this position will provide culturally
responsive education and training for WCC's students and employees.
Vision:The Office of Community Standards (OCS) upholds the WCC
Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy in a fair and equitable
manner. OCS strives to provide for a diverse academic environment,
inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social,
ideological, ability, economic, cultural, gender/sexuality, and
racial/ethnic backgrounds. OCS fosters resilience and success by
empowering students to cultivate an authentic sense of self and
belonging within the Whatcom community through learned positive
behaviors and choices. The Community Standards Manager is an
essential member of the Community Standards team and provides case
management support and connection with students in crisis to campus
and community resources.A successful candidate will...
- Assess, advocate for, and seek support for students of concern
in collaboration with various resources and stakeholders.
- Provide support to coordinate and administer the student
conduct process and procedures.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate student conduct programs and
- Multitask in a stressful environment, manage complex
situations, and ensure timely communication.
- Demonstrate diversity, equity, and inclusion services and
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaboratively develop and deploy all system configurations
and manage all student-level data of student conduct and Behavioral
Intervention Team (BIT) data.
- Serve as a BIT member, assist in the development, deployment,
and evaluation of reporting and decision-making protocols to
proactively identify and engage in culturally responsive
- Provide support and administer the College's registered sex
offender notification policy and procedures.
- Field, screen, triage, and manage intake students who may pose
a threat to harm themselves or others in collaboration with BIT
Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated experience with student conduct investigations and
adjudicative hearings, or similar investigative and adjudicative
- Master's degree from an accredited institution.
- At least one year experience with conflict management.
- Knowledge of higher education law (including Title IX, Clery
Act, Campus SaVE, and VAWA), student development, and student
Salary and Appointment:
- This is a 12-month, full-time Administrative/Exempt position.
Exempt from Washington State civil service law with an annual
salary based upon a range of $48,000-54,000, depending on
- The position comes with a full benefit package, including
health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a
*Additionally, as a Washington State, public higher education
institution, WCC offers the following:
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for the
program. If you work for the College full time, have had Direct
Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in
the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which
provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC
- As soon as can be arranged with successful candidate.
Application Due Date:
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be
received by Monday, February 3rd, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Position open
Special Instructions to Applicant
A completed application consists of an online application and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the
applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement providing examples of (1) how you have
integrated equity and inclusion in your work and (2) how you will
promote equitable practices in education through this
- Current resume.
- Unofficial Transcripts for all earned degrees; official
transcripts required prior to official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact
Keywords: Whatcom Community College, Bellingham , Community Standards Manager, Executive , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!