Project Manager III
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: May 3, 2022
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top
talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award
winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and
innovative future is now.PSE's Customer & System Projects team is
looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Project Manager
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position
will be discussed in further detail during the interview
process.Job DescriptionA Project Manager Position III will manage
scope, schedule and budget for a project or portfolio of projects,
with minimal supervision that carry medium risk and financial
impact. Projects may involve multiple agencies, private sector
businesses and special interest groups.
Initiates project, including internal and external stakeholder
commitments, demonstration of business need and project
feasibility. Leads project teams to identify time frame, methods
for accomplishing the project, and allotment of available resources
to various phases of the project. Works with stakeholders to
develop contractor statements of work, bid documents, and
coordination of estimates.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's operating
and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes
and supports a culture of total safety.Demonstrates commitment to
conduct business honestly, ethically and consistent with our core
values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties are performed in
accordance with all regulatory compliance obligations.Job
- Assembles and leads multi-disciplinary project teams.
Identifies the scope of an assigned project and decides logical
action to meet project requirements and deadlines.
- Communicate and manage the customer relationship as the primary
point of contact.
- Accurately identify customer needs, set reasonable
expectations, identify potential issues and share
- Perform effective upfront project planning and advocacy of
PSE's operational objectives to minimize costs and change orders,
identify risks, and maximize efficiency through negotiation and
- Validate and refine the scope of an assigned project and
decides logical action to meet project requirements and
- Recognizes technical issues that impact the projects under
their leadership, and obtains resources to mitigate project
- Ensure compliance with codes, standards, and design, operation,
and maintenance requirements.
- Applies general rules, standards and guidelines to specific
- Communicate technical information clearly and concisely to
non-technical audiences, sometimes in public settings.
- Gathers, consolidates and analyzes facts in relation to project
- Responsible for schedule and budget development, management and
- Supports emergency response work as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and/or
- At least six years relevant work experience, including managing
simple to medium complexity projects.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and techniques to
bring about agreement between divergent points of view. Ability to
write clear, concise and direct narrative and reports.
- General knowledge and experience in scheduling, estimating,
accounting and finance principles.
- Experience with methods, techniques and procedures involved in
budgeting, procurement and contract administration.
- Strong knowledge in project management discipline to
effectively arrange resources and manage multiple simple to medium
complexity projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills for
single or multiple technical areas.
- Strong negotiating and critical thinking skills.
- Customer-oriented, a positive, team-oriented attitude,
flexibility, an understanding of the business issues driving the
need for the project, and solid work ethic are expected.
- Leadership skills that can energize a multidisciplinary work
team to respond to business needs.
- General knowledge of project management principles, processes
and techniques, applied in a utility setting.
- Experience with utility methods, techniques and procedures
involved in budgeting, procurement and contract
- Advanced Project Management Training and Project Management or
Construction Management Certification from an accredited
institution (PMI or College).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an
ability to express complex technical concepts in business
- Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Construction
Management, Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- General knowledge of techniques used to involve community
members in development of project affecting their
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they
need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving
Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy
started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future
through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs
and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that
includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive
bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement
pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status
or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential
functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local,
state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Bellingham , Project Manager III, Executive , Burlington, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!