Company: Dogwood Industries LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Dogwood Industries LLC is seeking a Design Manager for our factory
in Sedro-Woolley, WA. The company has doubled in size in the last
few years and there is plenty of room to grow. The candidate is an
experienced designer with management experience. The design manager
will be executing and leading all phases of design which includes
feasibility studies, planning, concept development, detailed
design, construction documentation and specifications.
- Ability to lead a project and design effort from concept design
- Conduct initial review of drawings, documents and proposals
prior to other reviews.
- Establish a process and ensure all projects receive QA/QC
- Participates in and coordinates the team's production of plans,
specifications and contract documents.
- Develops the project workplan, manages project timelines,
scope, change and risk throughout the project execution.
- Ability to evaluate project progress and adjust critical path
for scope completion and budget adherence required.
- Works, daily, with the General Foreman, Project Managers and
QA/QC to resolve design coordination details and any
- Assist with mentoring, training and coordinating work of
teammate and junior staff.
- Understands structural steel fabrication.
- Manage the project contract performance and process
understanding the scope, budget, and quality agreed to by the
- Take on special projects as directed by the office leadership
- Make recommendations to upper management regarding quality,
complexity, and diversity of future projects they feel are
necessary for consideration.Benefits
- The Company pays 100% for one of the two medical plans offered
- Dental and vision are also paid for by Dogwood (employee
- Benefits begin the first of the month after 30 days of
- 401k matching if offered after 90 days of service and vested
- The Company offers paid holidays, sick and vacation.
- Salaried position, $120,000 - $150,00 DOE.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, construction
industry related field, or a bachelor's degree in an un-related
field with 5 years minimum practical experience.
- Experience writing VBA code for Microsoft excel, creating
macros with VBA and or writing and creating programs with Visual
- Must be a U.S. citizen or hold dual-citizenship.
- Must be fully vaccinated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in SolidWorks.Physical Requirements/Work Environment
This position requires moderate physical activity in a factory
environment. To perform the essential functions of this job, the
employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in
upper and lower body. The employee must be able to spend time
standing on a factory floor and balance for extended periods of
time; be able to sit at a desk to perform planning and
administrative tasks; be able to move over and around obstacles and
climb stairs; be able to lift up to 50 pounds of weight or pull and
push material to receive and inspect the same. The employee will be
exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors.EOE:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by
law.Disclaimer: Although the Company has attempted to accurately
and thoroughly describe this position, the Company reserves the
right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract
from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of the
Company, at any time, with or without advance notice. In order to
meet company deadlines, work in excess of 40 hours per week may be
required from time to time.PM22PI187681391
Keywords: Dogwood Industries LLC, Bellingham , Design Manager, Executive , Burlington, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!