Store Support Team Leader (Customer Service, Front End Support Manager)
Company: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Provides overall leadership to the Store Support team.
Responsible for all aspects of daily operations including cash
management, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor,
regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned. Leads and
develops Associate Team Leaders and Team Members. Accountable for
Team Member hiring, development, corrective actions and
separations. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a
positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and
efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All
positions must be performed in accordance with team and store
Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be
prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.Job Responsibilities:
- Holds ATLs, supervisors and Team Members accountable for
delivering outstanding customer service.
- Defines and develops clear expectations to achieve the highest
standards of retail execution. performance and minimizes
- Makes hiring and separation decisions in partnership with Store
- Ensures an effective and efficient response to customer
questions, requests, and/or concerns. - -
- Maintains Team Member safety and security standards.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative and productive
relationships with departmental and store leadership.
- Communicates objectives and relevant information clearly to
- Establishes and maintains positive and productive vendor
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulatory rules and
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge / awareness of relevant
competitors and industry trends.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.Job
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge and awareness of
relevant competitors and industry trends.
- Advanced knowledge of products, buying, pricing, merchandising,
and inventory management.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and
ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and
- 24+ months retail experience including 12+ months of team
leadership experience.Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.Note: The purpose
of this document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through
the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P., Bellingham , Store Support Team Leader (Customer Service, Front End Support Manager), Executive , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!