Staff Development Manager - Alderwood Park Health and Rehabilitation of Cascadia
Company: Cascadia Services, LLC
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Alderwood Park Health and Rehabilitation of Cascadia is looking for
a Staff Development Manager to join our team of dedicated
healthcare professionals to be a FORCE for Good in Bellingham,
Washington! The Staff Development Manager is responsible for
planning, directing, coordinating, and evaluating educational
programs for nursing service and other departments, performing
clinical tasks and assisting in other departments. The Staff
Development Manager also manages CNAs and/or other assigned
clinical staff. Essential Functions
- Ensures that clinical employees receive compliance training and
education necessary to perform their job responsibilities.
- Coordinates advertising & interview process for new CNA
- Interviews, selects new hires & process personnel action
notices for CNAs; manages CNAs and provides on-going leadership and
- Completes performance improvement action plans for CNA
employees as needed, up to and including termination as
- Adheres to facility's personnel policies & procedures,
including the facility's employee handbook. Ensures performance
evaluations for CNAs are completed in a timely manner.
- Participates in employee recognition programs.
- Plans, organizes, and implements ongoing education and training
programs for licensed nurses, nursing assistants, unit clerks, and
other ancillary personnel to promote the knowledge and skills
necessary for the provision of quality care consistent with
services provided by the center.
- Regularly reviews the competencies required for clinical
- Conducts or coordinates certification or training programs for
Nursing Assistants to prepare them for state
certification/competency exam as applicable.
- Conducts needs assessment through review of survey history,
individual performance and competency evaluation, center
performance improvement trends, input from center department
managers, and input from individual staff members, to identify
educational needs to staff.
- Provides and/or assists employees to identify available
resources to achieve continuing education requirements if
- Ensures the educational curriculum in the center meets or
exceeds state, federal and accreditation requirements.
- Develops and maintains monthly and annual education
- Ensures educational opportunities are effectively communicated
to facility personnel.
- Provides clinical and classroom hands-on instruction, and on
the job coaching to licensed and un licensed personnel.
- Coordinates and/or conducts CPR training for licensed personnel
and applicable non-licensed personnel.
- Provides supplemental training and education as applicable for
identified performance concerns and makes recommendations for
additional training and follow up to the department manager, where
- Collaborates with other staff, within the nursing service and
other departments, to provide educational programs and experiences.
Utilizes both internal and community resources in meeting staff
- Organizes and assists individuals with the development of
learning opportunities for professional growth.
- Utilizes and disseminates current nursing literature and
edcuational materials. Ensures staff awareness of current policies
and procedures and professional standards of practice.
- Ensures staff edcuation and skills validation regarding patient
care procedures and equipment.
- Ensures that documentation for all training and education is
completed and maintained in accordance with state, federal and
- Facilitates an orientation program for all facility personnel.
Orientation programs to include general orientation for new and
rehired facility personnel and clinical orientation for clinical
employees in accordance with company policy as well as state and
federal requirements and other job specific/roles based training as
- Plans, organizes and implements concise orientations for
- Coordinates students' clinical experiences within the facility;
provides orientation for visiting faculty and students.
- Manages Employee Health Program to include:
- Coordination of employee physicals if required
- Tracking of employee illness for identification of developing
infection trends and enforcement of applicable work
- Coordination of annual Influenza campaign
- Provision of TB screening and Hepatitis B vaccination
- Coordination of necessary medical follow up for work related
- Ensures proper retention of employee health records in
accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Participates in Worker's Compensation/Blood Borne Pathogen
programs as assigned with oversight of documentation
- Serves as a member of the facility Safety Committee and ensures
education is provided to personnel in response to identified trends
and immediate safety concerns.
- Serves as the facility's Infection Control Preventionist, as
assigned Responsibilities of the Infection Control Preventionist
include but are not limited to the following:
- Chairs center Infection Control Committee
- Tracks and trends infections occurring in the center and among
- Alerts members of the Infection Control Committee of developing
trends and infection Outbreaks
- Serves as liaison between the facility and state and local
agencies for communication regarding reportable infections,
infection trends and outbreaks
- Maintains surveillance documentation in accordance with company
policy and procedure, and state and federal regulations
- Ensures appropriate infection control measures are implemented
and maintained to contain significant infections, infection trends
and infection outbreaks.
- Observes staff adherence to hand hygiene, Standard Precautions,
and other infection control practices necessary to protect resident
and employee health.
- Provides required routine infection control education as well
as education pertaining to developing infection trends or
- Reports analysis of infection rates and trends to the facility
Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement committee and Infection
- Participates as a member of the facility's Quality Assurance
Performance Improvement Committee (QAPI) and applicable
subcommittees and develops educational strategies to facilitate
quality improvement efforts.
- Communicates effectively, actively listens & functions
effectively as part of a team.
- Reads professional literature and participates in educational
experiences that assist in maintaining and improving personal,
clinical and teaching competencies.
- Recommends staff development program and resource needs to
administration for budgets and contains expenditures to current
- Ensures punctuality and regular attendance for assigned shifts.
- Adheres to professional code of ethics.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the Company's Code of Conduct, its policies and
procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable
- Performs other tasks as assigned. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Familiarity with long-term care survey process and regulatory
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action and deal tactfully with personnel, residents,
family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the
- Ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult
- Willing to seek out new methods and principles and open to
incorporate them into existing nursing practices. PM22
- Graduate of an accredited RN school of nursing; BSN degree
- License as a RN in state employed.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid CPR teaching certificate preferred.
- Certified Infection Control Nurse preferred.
- Current with state Continuing Education (CE) requirements.
- Three (3) years of nursing experience, of which one (1) year
was in a long-term care environment.
- One (1) year experience as a clinical instructor
- One (1) year acute care experience preferred. Note: All
employees of Cascadia Healthcare are required to submit and be
cleared to work in the facility per each state's specific
background check requirements prior to contact with
Keywords: Cascadia Services, LLC, Bellingham , Staff Development Manager - Alderwood Park Health and Rehabilitation of Cascadia, Executive , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!