Company: Matrix Service, Inc
Posted on: May 12, 2019
We are currently seeking an executive to lead the quality function
for the organization to achieve industry leading performance. The
VP, Quality is responsible for providing leadership, tactical
direction and general management for all quality professionals who
will support execution of projects in all divisions including, AST,
EPC, National Construction and Turnaround and Plant Services.
Reporting to the President, the position is responsible for
developing and implementing goals, objectives and plans to drive
the better outcomes in quality. The VP serves as executive on the
leadership team, working in conjunction with the division VP's and
the functional departments to implement processes and procedures to
deliver consistent and sustainable results.
* Collaborate with President and SVP, Operations to establish
goals, objectives and strategies to maximize quality performance in
alignment with corporate standards.
* Establish policies, procedures and performance standards to
achieve stated goals, objectives and strategies.
* Manage the implementation of the Quality Management System to
support a zero re-work culture.
* Establish key metrics and implement tools to track
* Monitor and analyze results on an ongoing basis to ensure that
performance standards are being achieved or identify needs for
* Provide leadership and expert advice to management on emerging
quality trends, best practices, as well as status of key
* Hire, train and develop qualified quality professionals and
provide comprehensive training to all necessary personnel on
established quality standards.
* Organize the quality staff to best serve the needs of the
* Maintain collaborative relationships with divisional operations
VP's to drive improvements in quality outcomes.
* Foster and further develop a success and results oriented
* Coordinate with functional leaders to achieve established
quality, financial and other performance metrics.
* Provide advice, guidance and leadership direction to subordinates
to ensure proper execution of major projects and operating plans
consistent with established goals and objectives.
* Champion root-cause analysis for quality incidents, communicate
lessons learned and oversee implementation of corrective
* Establish individual goals and objectives for direct reports in
support of the Company's strategic plans.
* Identify and ensure the development of succession candidates for
* Provide regular feedback, including but not limited to, the
annual formal review process to ensure accountability and
achievement of individual objectives.
* Regularly visit project sites to monitor job performance and
assess performance of project teams.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Provide strong leadership on quality and execution excellence
through consistent words, actions and behaviors.
* Exemplify Matrix core values and actively support the Company's
commitment to safety.
* Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards,
while adhering to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and
* Promote Company Brand within the industry.
The successful candidate will be a high caliber, seasoned executive
with construction industry experience in complex, large capital
projects. The ideal individual will have strong relationships
within the industry and be seen as a leader in the field with a
stellar reputation. Specific requirements include:
* 20+ years' experience in quality management with at least 10
years of senior management experience. Professional certifications
from recognized organizations are a plus.
* Bachelor's degree in Quality, or related field, or equivalent
experience. Proven experience in leading and managing a
comprehensive or quality management programs in a diverse business
* Strong leader with demonstrated track record in leading change,
driving results and a commitment to excellence.
* Direct and straightforward communication style, effective at
conveying ideas and direction both verbally and in writing.
* Outstanding interpersonal skill, high emotional intelligence and
high energy with the ability to interact and work effectively with
personnel at all levels of the organization, as well as with
executive leadership in client companies.
* High ethical standards to develop and maintain professionalism
and accountability within the business.
* Willingness to travel as needed/required up to 75%.
* Proficient computer skills, including experience with MS Office
This position requires regular overnight travel by plane and
automobile and long hours at times.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Matrix Service, Inc, Bellingham , VP, Quality, Executive , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!