Associate Director for Academic Advising and Career Services
Company: Whatcom Community College
Posted on: November 27, 2019
Associate Director for Academic Advising and Career Services Salary
$56,000.00 - $59,000.00 Annually Location Bellingham, WA Job Type
Exempt Department Advising Job Number 00285 Description Whatcom
Community College invites applications for an Associate Director
for Academic Advising and Career Services. Academic Advising and
Career Services supports students from the time of application
through to graduation by providing services founded on integrity,
civility, equity, and respect. Employees work to engage students in
academic planning and career exploration and development based on
their assessments of strengths, interests, goals and enrichment
opportunities. The Associate Director will work directly with
students as well as guiding the Academic Advising and Career
Services team, alongside the Director. As part of an all-campus
effort, the Associate Director will contribute to services,
programs, and strategies designed to increase recruitment and
retention for Whatcom Community College's diverse student
population. This position reports to the Director for Academic
Advising and Career Services. Job Responsibilities A successful
- Provide leadership, management, and support Academic Advising
and Career Services.
- Contribute to innovative advising and career exploration
practices and ideas.
- Collaborate with a variety of departments across campus.
- Integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout services
and practices. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day operation of academic advising staff members
and service area.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director for Student Access and
Career Pathways to coordinate career development programs, services
and events. Promote and support high visibility of career
development and job search referrals, workshops, and events.
- Develop and enhance close working relationships across all
levels of the campus community with regards to career and academic
advising strategies to guided pathways and entry, progression, and
- Provide direct career and academic advising services to
students. Make appropriate referrals to campus resources, and
- Assist with and support development, implementation, and
evaluation of culturally responsive, strengths-based mandatory
advising and orientation.
- Assist with coordinating and facilitation of career and
academic advising programs, events, and activities.
- Work closely with the Director for Academic Advising and Career
Services to resolve complex advising issues or staffing challenges.
Assist to resolve student academic advising issues on behalf of the
- Contribute to training, supervising, and evaluating employees
in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, and WCC
policies and procedures. Supervise staff members in the absence of
the Director. Qualifications, Salary and Appointment Minimum
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated administrative and supervisory experience in
education or other field. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership experience with increasing management
- Demonstrated experience in education or social services.
- Demonstrated experience in project management. Salary and
- This is a 12-month, full-time Administrative/Exempt position.
Exempt from Washington State civil service law with an annual
salary based upon a range of $56,000-$59,000 depending on
experience. Benefit Package:
- The position comes with a full benefit package, including
health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a
retirement plan. Additionally, as a Washington State, public higher
education institution, WCC offers the following:
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for the PSLF
program. If you work for the College full time, have had Direct
Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in
the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which
provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC courses.
- As soon as can be arranged with successful candidate.
Application Due Date:
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be
received by Monday November 4th, 2019 at 4:59 pm. Position open
until filled. Special Instructions to Applicant A completed
application consists of an online application and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the
applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement providing examples of (1) how you have
integrated equity and inclusion in your work and (2) how you will
promote equitable practices in education through this
- Current resume.
- Unofficial Transcripts for all earned degrees; official
transcripts required prior to official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact
Keywords: Whatcom Community College, Bellingham , Associate Director for Academic Advising and Career Services, Executive , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!