Staff Development Coordinator/RN
Posted on: July 25, 2020
Work where you make a Difference!
Staff Development Coordinator/RN
Full-time Position Available
Avamere Bellingham Healthcare & Rehab Services
1200 Birchwood Ave.
Bellingham, WA 98225
The Staff Development Coordinator is responsible for planning,
directing, coordinating, and evaluating educational programs for
nursing service and other departments, performs clinical tasks and
assists in other departments.
- Ensures that employees receive compliance training and
education necessary to perform their job responsibilities in
accordance with Avamere Code of Business Conduct.
- Oversees the process for competency evaluation of new clinical
department personnel; recommends progression to permanent
employment or extension of orientation/probationary period for new
- Plans, organizes, and implements ongoing education and training
programs for licensed nurses, nursing assistants, unit clerks, and
other ancillary personnel to promote the knowledge and skills
necessary for the provision of quality care consistent with
services provided by the center.
- In coordination with the Director of Nursing and the
Administrator, periodically reviews the center Clinical Admission
Grid and service lines to identify applicable advanced/as needed
competencies required for clinical personnel.
- Plans, organizes, and implements education training programs to
meet the strategic goals of the center.
- Conducts or coordinates certification or training programs for
Nursing Assistants to prepare them for state
certification/competency exam as applicable.
- Conducts needs assessment through review of survey history,
individual performance and competency evaluation, center
performance improvement trends, input from center department
managers, and input from individual staff members, to identify
educational needs to staff.
- Provides and/or assists employees to identify available
resources to achieve continuing education requirements if
- Ensures the educational curriculum in the center meets or
exceeds state, federal and accreditation requirements.
- Develops and maintains monthly and annual education
- Ensures educational opportunities are effectively communicated
to center personnel.
- Provides clinical and classroom hands-on instruction, and on
the job coaching to licensed and un licensed personnel.
- Coordinates and/or conducts CPR training for licensed personnel
and applicable non-licensed personnel.
- Working with the Director of Nursing Services (DNS), ensures
clinical competency of nursing staff through observed skills
evaluation, and ensures completion of annual competency assessments
for clinical personnel.
- Utilizes and disseminates current nursing literature and
educational materials. Ensures staff awareness of current policies
and procedures and professional standards of practice.
- Ensures staff education and skills validation regarding patient
care procedures and equipment.
- Ensures that documentation for all training and education is
completed and maintained in accordance with state, federal and
Avamere Compliance program requirements.
- Maintains organized record of continuing education for each
- Recommends staff development program and resource needs to
administration for budgets and contains expenditures to current
- Develops and facilitates and orientation program for all
facility personnel. Orientation programs to include general
orientation for new and rehired facility personnel and clinical
orientation for clinical employees in accordance with Avamere
policy as well as state and federal requirements and other job
specific/roles based training as needed.
- Reviews new hire paperwork to ensure appropriate documentation
is present prior to employee working.
- Plans, organizes and implements concise orientations for
- Coordinates students' clinical experiences within the facility;
provides orientation for visiting faculty and students.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, RN required, BSN
- License as a RN in state employed.
- Valid CPR teaching certificate preferred
- IV Instructor Certification preferred
- Certified Infection Control Nurse preferred
- ACLS certification preferred
- Current with state Continuing Education (CE) requirements
- Three (3) years of nursing experience, of which one (1) year
was in a long term care environment.
- One (1) year experience as an instructor preferred.
- One (1) year acute care experience preferred.
Amidst scenic Bellingham, Washington you will find Avamere
Bellingham Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services. This location
features skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long-term care, and
respite care. Avamere Bellingham Healthcare and Rehabilitation
features 84 beds. Amenities include 24-hour staff, transportation,
a Resident Council, a library, and an extensive activities
calendar. Their engaging employee culture fosters trust and fun
through their team, residents, and those just stopping by for a
Avamere Bellingham Healthcare and Rehabilitation is proud of their
4-star staffing rating on Medicare.gov.
Get to know more about this community on their blog and on
Keywords: Avamere, Bellingham , Staff Development Coordinator/RN, Healthcare , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!