Nursing Home Administrator
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Now Hiring Healthcare Heroes!
Join our amazing team and #workwithpurpose
Nursing Home Administrator:
Shift: Day Shift
Location: St. Francis of Bellingham - 3121 Squalicum Parkway
Bellingham, WA 98225
As an Administrator with Avamere, you join a team with a culture
and mission to enhance the life of every person we serve. This is
more than a job - it's a place where our team members build lasting
relationships with patients and residents, their families, and
fellow team members.
Find your calling at Avamere where we support you in your career
- Free meals to all employees
- Tuition assistance, up to $6,000/year
- Mentorship opportunities
- Employee assistance program featuring free counseling services,
financial coaching, legal services and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off/sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer contributions
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary
dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and
We are dedicated to keeping our team members and residents safe.
Download our flyer that shows our protocols and response to
The primary responsibility of this position is to direct the
day-to-day functions of the facility to assure that the highest
degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the
facility's programs and activities.
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures and
professional standards of practice that govern the operations of
- Delegate administrative authority, responsibility and
accountability to staff personnel.
- Consult with department directors concerning the operation of
the departments, meeting frequently to ensure information sharing
is being provided on a continuous basis.
- Responsible for identifying staffing needs, interviewing,
hiring, annual reviews, counseling, and employee corrections.
- Prepare an annual operating budget, review and interpret
monthly financial statements, and make adjustments as necessary to
assure the continued ability to provide quality care.
- Participate in state and federal surveys of the facility,
reviewing any deficiencies and developing plans of correction.
- Maintain good personnel relations, employee morale, and support
and encourage teamwork.
- Maintain a good public relations program that serves the best
interest of the facility and community alike.
- Review the facility's Quality Measures data and public
information for accuracy.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in
accordance with HIPAA guidelines, and uphold procedures to ensure
all staff are trained and in compliance with this policy.
- Must possess a Nursing Home Administrator license.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Public Health Administration or similar
- 2 years' experience in a supervisory capacity in a nursing
facility or hospital.
- Thorough knowledge of OBRA regulations, the survey process,
survey tag numbers, and quality measures.
- Knowledgeable of reimbursement regulations and nursing
practices and procedures, and the laws, regulations and guidelines
pertaining to nursing facility administration.
St. Francis of Bellingham is a long-standing skilled nursing
community. The team at this 120-bed community has cared for seniors
in the Bellingham, Washington area for over 30 years. Their
services include: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long-term care,
and respite care.
With a 5-star staffing rating from Medicare, the team is primed to
support their patients as they help them work toward their therapy
Get to know more about St. Francis of Bellingham on their blog and
Keywords: Avamere, Bellingham , Nursing Home Administrator, Healthcare , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!