House Supervisor - Nursing Administration
Company: Peace Health
Location: Sedro Woolley
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose
series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final
dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a House Supervisor - Nursing Administration
for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation
starts at $50.24, more depending on experience.
Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality
and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as
ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and
stewardship of resources. Supervises daily activities, focusing on
operations and effective use of resources within established
budget. Responsible for operational performance including the
quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Makes
administrative decisions, provides direction and authorizes and
acts in the absence of the department manager and/or hospital
- Provide leadership for clinical excellence, personnel
management, resource management, fiscal accountability and
maintenance of positive working relationships with staff,
physicians, managers, patients, their families and the public.
Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of
- Make assessment rounds of all patient care areas throughout the
hospital at least once per shift. Provide support, guidance, and
education for the staff and assists them as needed. Keeps managers
and directors apprised of bed capacity and barriers to patient
placements, including the need to consider treat & transfer.
Responds to codes and RRTs, coordinates caregivers responding to
- Direct and collaborate with the staffing coordinator/office or
Charge Nurse in decision making of how nursing units are staffed
and intervene in patient placement issues.
- Promote problem identification, investigates hospital
incidents, facilitate resolution and follow up and communicate as
necessary, assists in documentation of incidents.
- Act as contact for news media, law enforcement agencies,
coroner, etc. when indicated.
- Assist with the coordination of transfers to and from other
facilities, assuring completion of appropriate forms and
notification of receiving facility.
- Interpret organizational policies and procedures of the
hospital and nursing departments as necessary.
- Provide for the initiation of legal Mental Health Holds and
provide for transport to appropriate evaluation facilities. Provide
for the safety of the patient, staff, other patients and visitors,
while ensuring that the patient's legal rights are not
- Coordinates notification of Pastoral Care according to the
needs & requests of patients, families, and staff.
- Responsible for the coordination & delegation of the
guesthouse, disbursement of the indigent fund, & organ donation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited
school of nursing is required upon hire. (See below for
requirements specific to Oregon and Alaska)
- Minimum of two years related clinical nursing experience in an
acute care setting required.
- Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure by the State in which nurse
will be practicing required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
of hire. United General Specific Notes:
- Required to meet current expectations and skills as listed in
the RN NurseTeam Lead Job Profile
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire
or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation
Training Completion Requirements or upon hire
- Minimum 2 years RN experience in critical care and/or emergency
- OTHER SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a
customer-focused work environment
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications as
well as clinical applications
- COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC
- St Josephs Medical Center and United General:
- Responds to all codes & RRTs, is an active team member.
- Facilitates the coordination of all responding team members.
- UNITED GENERAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood
and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).See how PeaceHealth is
committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state
or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Bellingham , House Supervisor - Nursing Administration, Healthcare , Sedro Woolley, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!