Orcas Health Care District Superintendent
Company: Orcas Island Health District
Posted on: May 5, 2022
This position serves as the chief administrative officer of the
publicly funded Orcas Island Health Care District (
www.orcashealth.org (http://www.orcashealth.org) ).
The Superintendent is responsible for providing strategic,
financial and operational leadership for the District, reports to
and works closely with its Board of Commissioners. The District was
formed in 2018 to assure access to health care services to
residents and visitors of Orcas Island.
1. Plan, develop, implement and direct the Districts operational
and fiscal function and performance.
2. Act as a strategic partner by developing and implementing the
Districts plans and programs.
3. Analyze and make recommendation on the impact of long range
initiatives, planning, and introduction of new strategies and
4. Provide accurate budgets, financial reports and analysis of
financial trends and operational procedures in order to assist the
5. Create, improve, implement and enforce policies and procedures
that will improve operational and financial effectiveness of the
6. Communicate effectively and establish credibility with the Board
as an effective developer of solutions to challenges.
7. Oversee the Districts relationship with Island Health which
provides primary care services at a medical facility owned by the
8. Act as a strong, positive and respectful representative of the
District with the Orcas community
9. Effectively collaborate with healthcare partners, industry
organizations and governmental entities.
10. Provide strategic input and leadership on issues affecting the
11. Act as a strategic advisor and consultant to the Board offering
expert advice on contracts or initiatives that the District may
enter into or undertake.
12. Manage and mentor members of staff to foster growth and
13. Perform or oversee the performance of all of the duties of a
public hospital district superintendent as set forth in RCW
14. Execute the instructions of the Board and see that all the laws
of the state pertaining to matters within the functions of the
District are duly enforced.
15. Convene and lead community stakeholders to build a strong
health and wellness ecosystem on Orcas Island.
16. Provide strategic leadership to the District in successfully
achieving its mission.
Important Leadership Traits:
1. Strong leadership ability.
2. Strategic mindset.
3. Strong business acumen.
4. Outstanding problem-solving skills.
5. Excellent ability to lead and manage.
6. Continually drive effective results.
7. Effective verbal and written communicator.
8. Strong organizational and time management skills.
9. Collaborative work style.
10. Strong sense of discretion.
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelors degree, advanced schooling preferred
2. 5-10 years of healthcare industry experience.
3. Executive presence and ability to maintain calm demeanor in high
Terms of Employment:
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position.
Paid medical, dental and long-term disability benefits are
provided. WA PERS retirement benefits. Ten (10) paid holidays and
three (3) weeks of paid vacation annually. Employment is at
Location: Eastsound, Orcas Island, Washington
Keywords: Orcas Island Health District, Bellingham , Orcas Health Care District Superintendent, Healthcare , Eastsound, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!