Medical Social Worker - Palliative Care
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: June 24, 2022
$5000 Sign On Bonus and a possible Relocation Assistance!
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Social Worker for a Full Time,
1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $31.18, more
depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose
series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final
dose prior to start date.
Responsible for the provision of direct social work service in Home
Health and/or Hospice utilizing the professional healthcare process
of assessment, problem identification/planning, action/intervention
and clinical goal/outcome evaluation.
* Providing direct casework services to clients related to their
medical/psychiatric diagnosis, including biopsychosocial
assessment, assisting with long-term planning and decision making,
crisis intervention and short-term therapy.
* Performing holistic evaluation of patient/home, developing an
appropriate plan of care, initiating discharge planning, evaluating
progress towards goals and monitoring achievement of desired
* Providing skilled social work services to patients and
education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the
home care/hospice plan of treatment.
* Performing holistic assessment and, as clinical indicated,
coordinating and modifying the plan of care with the patient,
caregiver, case manager, primary physician and other members of the
inter/multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
* Evaluating patient/home environment as related to holistic
healthcare/social needs and making appropriate referrals to other
services, agencies and community resources as clinically indicated
in collaboration with the case manager and primary physician.
* Coordinating social work services, collaborating and
communicating with other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary
team to assure an appropriate and smooth flow of care/services for
the patient through the care continuum.
* Evaluating, reviewing, and revising the patient's social work
plan of care on a regular basis and, as clinically indicated,
taking prompt action in response to changes in the patient's health
condition in collaboration with the case manager.
* As part of on-going discharge planning and care coordination,
evaluating interventions and outcomes of social work services by
reviewing goals set in plan of care utilizing plan of care and
* Providing services to a generally adult patient/caregiver
population and given area of clinical specialty and skill. May also
provide services to pediatric population.
* Providing services to all patients utilizing appropriate
universal infection control precautions and practices (standard and
transmission based precautions), including individuals with
* For incorporation into the home care/hospice record, provide
skilled and timely clinical documentation in compliance with
regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
* Performing quality/outcome oriented home visits and other job
duties according to Agency productivity standards.
* Proactively initiating and participating in patient care
inter/multi-disciplinary case conferences and meetings, as well as
education and in-service programs.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited school of
Social Work required.
* Minimum of two year experience in a healthcare setting.
* Demonstrated knowledge of community health, welfare, and social
agencies is required.
* Commensurate with educational preparation, demonstrates the
ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development
and life stages to meet each patient's needs for nursing care.
* BLS required.
* A valid applicable state driver's license and auto insurance is
* WA: License as required by state to practice as a Social
* Minimum requirement is LASW (Licensed Advanced Social Worker),
LSWAA (Licenses Social Worker Associate Advanced), LCWAIC (Licensed
Social Worker Associate Independent Clinical).
* LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker) also meets
licensure requirement but exceeds minimum requirement.
* Collaborative/cooperative working and communication skills.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
* Ability to work effectively with a wide range of patients and
* Strong organizational skills.
* Flexible and able to function independently.
REGION / LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
* This is a category II job classification per OSHA standards.
Normal work involves no exposure to blood borne pathogens, but
exposure may be occasionally required.
ST. JOSEPH - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
* Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of
* Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
* Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation.
* Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
* Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention
to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state
or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Bellingham , Medical Social Worker - Palliative Care, Healthcare , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!