Float Registered Nurse (RN) - FT
Company: Compass Health
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Registered Nurse (Bellingham)
Compass Health is currently looking for a (float) Registered Nurse
for our Whatcom Triage, Snohomish Triage, and Mukilteo E&T. As
a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team, the RN provides
nursing care and supervision of the treatment of patients,
administration of oral and injectable psychiatric and medical
medications in office, and oversees compliance with medication
The new team member will support the following programs:
- The Whatcom County Triage Center (WCTC) in Bellingham can
accommodate 16 individuals who are recovering from a mental health
crisis. We provide crisis stabilization, walk-in emergency and next
- The Snohomish County Triage Center (SCTC) has the overarching
goal of decreasing the use of jails and hospital emergency
departments, acting as a diversion resource for people who are
experiencing a behavioral health crisis. This is an active Triage
program with a Recovery Model philosophy. From the moment that
Snohomish County Triage Center becomes involved, the individual is
engaged in a process of evaluation and planning which involves all
available formal and natural supports.
- Compass Health's Evaluation and Treatment facility provides a
16-bed inpatient program in Mukilteo to mentally ill adults under
72-hour involuntary detention and/or 14-day commitment in
accordance with Washington State Involuntary Treatment Act, RCW
What we can offer you:
As the region's largest non-profit community behavioral healthcare
organization, we have been serving our clients and our communities
for over 110 years. Our commitment to care doesn't stop with our
clients though, as we take pride in offering our employees the
opportunity to work in a culture that promotes learning, growth,
and advancement as well as a focus on employee satisfaction and
(Benefits pro-rated for part-time team members)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at NO COST to Full-time
- 16 days of paid vacation the first year
- 12 sick days with great wellness day
- 13 paid holidays - 11 regular and 2 that you choose
- Professional funds and paid education leave
- Up to 2% match for the 403B Retirement plan after the first
- Automatic additional pay raises when you have your 1st & 3rd
anniversary with Compass!
- And much, much more!!
What you will be bringing
- Current Washington State Registered Nurse License.
- 2 years of psychiatric nursing experience preferred.
- Current First Aid & CPR certification and Food Handlers permit,
or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing issues pertaining to the patient
population served in the program along with thorough understanding
of the nursing process and intervention strategies used to address
- Thorough knowledge of nvoluntary commitment laws.
- Ability to maintain a positive, solution-focused demeanor when
responding to conflicts or problems.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multitask
within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- General computer proficiency, including the ability to utilize
electronic medical record systems.
- Ability to pass pre-employment criminal background check.
The organization you will be a part of
Compass Health is the region's largest private, non-profit
organization providing mental health and chemical dependency
services in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom
counties of Western Washington. We provide quality creative
services to children, families and adults in a variety of
outpatient, residential and inpatient settings. We have been
serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years, though
our commitment to care doesn't stop with our clients as we take
pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a
culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement. We
maintain a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance,
which includes competitive compensation and benefits programs.
Please visit our website for more information:
Compass Health promotes equal treatment and equal employment
opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race,
creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status,
sexual minority status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
disability unless based on a bona fide occupational
Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.2 requires employees of
healthcare institutions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully
vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past
their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a
condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to
provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved
medical or religious exemption.
Job Title: RN
Location: Whatcom, Bellingham
Hours: Full-time (38 hours/week) Day shift
Wage: $33.45-$65.22/hr DOE Associated topics: care, ccu,
domiciliary, hospice, maternal, neonatal, nurse, recovery, tcu,
Keywords: Compass Health, Bellingham , Float Registered Nurse (RN) - FT, Healthcare , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!