Full-Time Nursing Faculty, Tenure Track
Company: Whatcom Community College
Posted on: January 14, 2019
DescriptionWhatcom Community College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Nursing instructor beginning Fall Quarter 2019. The College is seeking a dynamic individual interested in developing and engaging students through the use and implementation of innovative and inclusive curriculum and teaching methods, including the application of technology, both inside and outside the classroom. The College seeks faculty who can adapt to a variety of teaching situations and who have the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students, colleagues, staff, and others in a campus climate that promotes cultural diversity and global understanding. Nursing faculty teach an equivalent of 12 credits per quarter in a team-taught environment for classroom, nursing laboratory, and clinical learning, and participate in contributing to the college through committee service and program leadership and development. WCC's nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and graduates of the program boast nearly perfect NCLEX first attempt pass rates and job placement rates.The successful candidate will be expected to teach required courses that prepare students for entry into the nursing profession as novice registered nurses; to collaborate with college faculty and administrators in contributing to the future vision and scope of the nursing program at the college; to remain current in the field and adapt courses to meet changing registered nurse job skills and qualification requirements; to develop and maintain contacts and knowledge of health care facilities and organizations in the community; to identify and contribute to activities that promote student development such as student clubs and/or other student volunteer activities; and perform other duties as assigned.Being a faculty member at Whatcom offers the opportunity to engage in the advancement of equitable student outcomes and the elimination of equity gaps. Faculty have regular opportunities for on-campus professional development, collaboration with colleagues, and engagement in workshops and learning communities. These opportunities contribute to professional advancement at the College, as well as personal growth. This position supports all four of the College's four core themes - achieving success, building community, advancing equity, and enhancing effectiveness.Qualifications, Salary and AppointmentMinimum Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution OR
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing with a Master's degree in a Nursing related field from an accredited institution.
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Washington or the ability to obtain license by September 2019.
- Able to pass background checks and drug screens as required by hospitals and clinics upon hire.
- Able to provide documentation meeting immunization requirements as required by hospitals and clinics upon hire.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification. Preferred Qualifications:
- In-depth understanding of nursing theory as well as practical application.
- Experience teaching Nursing in a higher education setting using a student-centered approach to teaching and learning.
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities with students and colleagues.
- Creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with team-centered work groups.
- Experience using simulation mannequins in an educational or clinical setting.
- Experience in curriculum development and in assessing learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated cultural competence and a commitment to equity and inclusion.
- An understanding of and commitment to, the mission of the community college. Salary and Appointment:
- Current Master's degree salary begins at $52,371 (additional degrees and experience increase rate); 174 day annual contract. Benefits Package:
- The position comes with a full benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
- Additionally, as a Washington State, public higher education institution, WCC offers the following:
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for the PSLF program. If you work for the College full time, have had Direct Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to apply.
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC courses. Start Date:
- Fall Quarter, 2019. Application Due Date:
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be received by Friday, February 15th, 2019 at 4:59 pm.. Position open until filled. To apply please visit us at:
Keywords: Whatcom Community College, Bellingham , Full-Time Nursing Faculty, Tenure Track, Healthcare , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!