Medical Assistant Lead - Fairhaven Family Practice
Posted on: October 7, 2019
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant Lead - Fairhaven Family
Practice for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This
position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8
Req ID: 176043
$2000 sign on bonus
Starting wage for Medical Assistant Lead $19.78, more DOE
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned
area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved,
timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of
work. Subject matter expert.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists
physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within
the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical
assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work;
monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive
feedback to supervisor/manager on issues impacting clinic
performance and caregiver effectiveness; oversees staff training;
ensures quality improvement and participate in process improvement
initiatives as requested; supports strategic initiatives as
requested; provides leadership feedback on staff performance; and
assists with goal setting for team.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes and
records patient history and vital signs.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain
medical supplies and equipment for all examinations and
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and
facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments,
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow
up appointments. May coordinate inpatient and outpatient
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information
including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical
staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to
ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office
Assistant program is required. An approved educational
program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA
certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate's degree in
- Minimum of two years of experience as a Medical Assistant,
Medical Office Assistant or performing like type work is
- Experience in leading and training preferred.
- Current Medical Assistant National certification is required at
date of hire. The following are certifications that meet this
- Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of
Medical Assistants AAMA
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical
- Clinical Medical Assistant certification through the National
Health Career Associates (NHA)
- National Certified Medical Assistant through the National
Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) administered by
the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
- Current Medical Assistant State licensure/certification
required at date of hire (if applicable based on State where
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
- Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone
systems and insurance billing preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of
and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and
development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Understand the principles of asepsis.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- State of Washington Medical Assistant -certified licensure
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion 34 to 65% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor
cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes
- Reasonably anticipated that this position will be exposed to
blood and body fluids an average of once a month or more.
- Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR).
Requires the use of an N-95 mask.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of
your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit
Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington,
Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000
caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than
900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural
communities throughout the Northwest.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a
collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this
three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email
Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept
resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham, Fairhaven Same Day Clinic (227)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $19.78, more depending on
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified
Medical Assistant - Washington; National Certified Medical
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without
regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified
individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender;
pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic
information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in
accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers
assigned to this job.
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Bellingham , Medical Assistant Lead - Fairhaven Family Practice, Healthcare , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!