FT Nursing Faculty, Tenure Track
Company: Whatcom Community College
Posted on: November 26, 2019
Full-Time Nursing Faculty, Tenure Track
Adjunct Academic Resources & Health Professions
Whatcom Community College (WCC) invites applications for multiple
full-time, tenure-track Nursing instructor positions beginning Fall
Quarter 2020 or earlier. The College is seeking dynamic individuals
interested in developing and engaging students through the use and
implementation of innovative and inclusive curriculum and teaching
methods, including the application of technology, both inside and
outside the classroom. The College seeks faculty who have the
ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students,
colleagues, staff, and others in a campus climate that promotes
cultural diversity and global understanding. Nursing faculty teach
an equivalent of 12 credits per quarter in a team-taught
environment for classroom, nursing laboratory, and clinical
learning, and contributes to the college through committee service
and program leadership and development. WCC's nursing program is
accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
(ACEN) and graduates of the program boast nearly perfect National
Council Licensing Examination – RN (NCLEX-RN) first attempt pass
rates and job placement rates.The successful candidate will be
expected to teach required courses including classroom, clinical,
and lab experiences that prepare students for entry into the
nursing profession as novice registered nurses; to collaborate with
college faculty and administrators in contributing to the future
vision and scope of the nursing program at the college; participate
in program development and maintenance to meet state and
accreditation organization requirements; to remain current in the
field and adapt courses to meet changing registered nurse job
skills and qualification requirements; to develop and maintain
contacts and knowledge of health care facilities and organizations
in the community; to identify and contribute to activities that
promote student development such as student clubs and/or other
student volunteer activities; and perform other duties as
assigned.Faculty at Whatcom:Being a faculty member at Whatcom
offers the opportunity to engage in the advancement of equitable
student outcomes and the elimination of equity gaps. Faculty have
regular opportunities for on-campus professional development,
collaboration with colleagues, and engagement in workshops and
learning communities. These opportunities contribute to
professional advancement at the College, as well as personal
growth. This position supports all four of the College's four core
themes – achieving success, building community, advancing equity,
and enhancing effectiveness.
Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution and
accredited nursing education program.
Or, Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an accredited institution
and accredited nursing education program with a Master's degree in
a Health or Education related field from an accredited
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse
in Washington or the ability to obtain license upon hire.
- Able to pass background checks and drug screens required of
- Able to provide documentation meeting immunization
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for
Healthcare Providers certification or the ability to obtain upon
- Current, relevant clinical experience to support student
- Doctoral degree in Nursing from an accredited
- In-depth understanding of nursing theory as well as practical
- Experience teaching Nursing in a higher education setting using
a student-centered approach to teaching and learning.
- Experience with team-centered work groups.
- Experience with nursing simulation in an educational or
- Experience in curriculum development and assessing learning
- Experience in nursing education program accreditation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Cultural competence and a commitment to equity and
- Current content knowledge in the program or
- A commitment to student centered, inclusive pedagogy.
- Creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities with
students and colleagues, contributing to a collegial, collaborative
and positive environment.
- Skills and confidence with learning and implementing
technology, clinical equipment, and computer software related to
simulation, Microsoft Office suite, and others.
- A commitment to WCC's vision as "an innovative college, engaged
with our diverse and changing communities".
Salary and Appointment:
- The 2019-20 Master's degree salary begins at $55,163
(additional degrees, experience, and state-funded and negotiated
increases will increase the actual starting salary); HB 2158
provides an additional salary allocation for nurse educators and is
currently being negotiated with an increase to be determined; 174
day annual contract.
- The position comes with a full benefits package, including
health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a
*Additionally, as a Washington State, public higher education
institution, WCC offers the following:
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for the
program. If you work for the College full time, have had Direct
Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in
the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which
provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC
Application Due Date:
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be
received by Friday January 17th, 2020 at 4:59 pm. Position open
Special Instructions to Applicant
A completed application consists of an online application and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the
applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement that responds to the following question: (1
*Whatcom Community College has a strategic plan goal to close
equity gaps in degree and certificate completion for all student
populations. Describe a time in which you contributed to closing
equity gaps for an underserved population.
- Current resume.
- Unofficial Transcripts for all earned degrees; official
transcripts required prior to the official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact
Keywords: Whatcom Community College, Bellingham , FT Nursing Faculty, Tenure Track, Healthcare , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!