FT Nursing Simulation & Skills Lab Faculty, Tenure Track
Company: Whatcom Community College
Posted on: November 27, 2019
Full-Time Nursing Simulation & Skills Lab Faculty, Tenure Track
Location Bellingham, WA Job Type Full-time Faculty Department
Academic Resources & Health Professions Job Number 00292
Description Whatcom Community College (WCC) invites applications
for a full-time, tenure-track Nursing Simulation and Skills Lab
instructor position beginning Fall Quarter 2020. The College is
seeking dynamic individuals interested in developing and engaging
students through the use and implementation of innovative and
inclusive curriculum and teaching methods, including the
application of technology/simulation technology. This individual
will work with the Simulation Technician and other nursing faculty
to deliver simulation and lab skills experiences that prepare
nursing students for clinical practice. The College seeks faculty
who have the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with
students, colleagues, staff, and others in a campus climate that
promotes cultural diversity and global understanding. The Nursing
Simulation and Skills Lab Instructor teaches a fulltime load in the
nursing simulation and skills lab and contributes to the college
through committee service and program leadership and development.
WCC's nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission
for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and graduates of the program boast
nearly perfect National Council Licensing Examination - RN
(NCLEX-RN) first attempt pass rates and job placement rates. The
successful candidate will be expected to develop, implement and
evaluate simulation activities to meet program outcomes, preparing
students for entry into the nursing profession as novice registered
nurses; assist with instruction and assessment of nursing skills;
develop and monitor the simulation program to meet state and
accreditation organization requirements; to collaborate with
college faculty and administrators in contributing to the future
vision and scope of the nursing program at the college; to remain
current in the field and adapt courses to meet changing registered
nurse job skills and qualification requirements; to develop and
maintain contacts and knowledge of health care facilities and
organizations in the community; to identify and contribute to
activities that promote student development such as student clubs
and/or other student volunteer activities; and perform other duties
as assigned. Faculty at Whatcom:Being a faculty member at Whatcom
offers the opportunity to engage in the advancement of equitable
student outcomes and the elimination of equity gaps. Faculty have
regular opportunities for on-campus professional development,
collaboration with colleagues, and engagement in workshops and
learning communities. These opportunities contribute to
professional advancement at the College, as well as personal
growth. This position supports all four of the College's four core
themes - achieving success, building community, advancing equity,
and enhancing effectiveness. Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution and
accredited nursing education program. Or, Baccalaureate degree in
Nursing from an accredited institution and accredited nursing
education program with a Master's degree in a Health or Education
related field from an accredited institution.
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse
in Washington or the ability to obtain license upon hire.
- Able to pass background checks and drug screens required of
- Able to provide documentation meeting immunization
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for
Healthcare Providers certification or the ability to obtain upon
- Current, relevant clinical experience to support student
learning. Preferred Qualifications:
- Doctoral degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
- Healthcare Simulation Educator certification (CHSE from Society
for Simulation in Healthcare).
- In-depth understanding of nursing simulation theory as well as
- Experience teaching Nursing in a higher education setting using
a student-centered approach to teaching and learning.
- Experience with design, implementation, and evaluation of
simulation learning activities in an educational or clinical
- Knowledge of simulation pedagogy.
- Knowledge of International Nursing Association for Clinical
Simulation and Learning (INACSL) standards for nursing
- Experience with team-centered work groups.
- Experience in curriculum development and assessing learning
- Experience in nursing education program accreditation. The
successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Cultural competence and a commitment to equity and
- Current content knowledge in the program or discipline.
- A commitment to student centered, inclusive pedagogy.
- Creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities with
students and colleagues, contributing to a collegial, collaborative
and positive environment.
- Skills and confidence with learning and implementing
technology, clinical equipment, and computer software related to
simulation, Microsoft Office suite, and others.
- A commitment to WCC's vision as "an innovative college, engaged
with our diverse and changing communities". Salary and Appointment:
- The 2019-20 Master's degree salary begins at $55,163
(additional degrees, experience, and state-funded and negotiated
increases will increase the actual starting salary); HB 2158
provides an additional salary allocation for nurse educators and is
currently being negotiated with an increase to be determined; 174
day annual contract. Benefits Package:
- The position comes with a full benefits package, including
health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a
retirement plan. *Additionally, as a Washington State, public
higher education institution, WCC offers the following:
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for the PSLF
program. If you work for the College full time, have had Direct
Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in
the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which
provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC courses.
Application Due Date:
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be
received by Friday January 17, 2020 at 4:59 pm. Position open until
filled. Special Instructions to Applicant A completed application
consists of an online application and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the
applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement that responds to the following question: (1
page max) *Whatcom Community College has a strategic plan goal to
close equity gaps in degree and certificate completion for all
student populations. How will you contribute to this effort?
- Current resume.
- Unofficial Transcripts for all earned degrees; official
transcripts required prior to the official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact
Keywords: Whatcom Community College, Bellingham , FT Nursing Simulation & Skills Lab Faculty, Tenure Track, Healthcare , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!