Company: CHS, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Back to search
Lynden, WA, US, 98264-1449
Date posted: Jan 1, 2022
Job ID: 3797
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
CHS Northwest has an exciting opportunity in our Retail Department
located in Lynden, WA. We are looking for a Retail Buyer to support
our Retail Stores. You must be able to make decisions, work
independently, and be detail oriented with excellent communication
skills, both verbal and written. Ideal candidates will possess a
high level of initiative, discretion, and independent judgment,
with a can-do attitude and the ability to multi-task -- one who can
see things that need to be done and figure out a way to do them
effectively and efficiently.
Qualified applicants must be available to work evenings and/or
weekends as needed.
* Responsible for the financial performance of each category as it
relates to budgeted sales, gross margin, inventory, inventory turns
* Responsible for retail pricing, monitoring vendor cost changes
and retail price optimization.
* Product knowledge in categories deemed necessary to enhance
overall performance of company initiatives.
* Identify market trends and develop business strategies.
* Build and maintain relationships with vendor partners.
* Create critical communication, training and informational links
between the retail store group and cross-functional teams such as
sales, marketing, merchandising as well as vendor partners.
* Work with the marketing department to plan the marketing and
advertising of products within assigned category
* Balance inventory and ensure a consistent flow to stores through
proper setup of new assortments, inter-store transfers and
* Initiate and control markdown and liquidation strategies during
seasonal transitions, line closeouts and removal of dead stock.
* Visit stores, competition, and other retailers in various markets
to determine regional assortment opportunities, maintain
competitive pricing, and capture lost margin, as well as other
* Use vendor-supplied market research, company mined market data,
trade periodicals, feedback from the community & feedback from the
retail stores to provide opportunities for increased performance &
* Attend trade shows & conventions and make vendor facility visits
as necessary to evaluate current assortments and seek out new
* Perform other duties assigned
Minimum Qualifications (required)
* 2+ years as a category buyer or related experience to include
sourcing, pricing and buying.
* Excellent product knowledge and ability to identify current and
* Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Ability to understand and create reports from sales data, showing
financial and mathematical analysis that will enhance business
* Possess a valid driver license and maintain a safe driving
* Ability to frequently travel between store locations.
* Travel Required
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, retail merchandising,
supply chain management, or operations management.
* Must be able to meet certain physical requirements including
standing, squatting, bending, climbing stairs and lifting up to 55
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits
include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and
Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded
Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition
reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation,
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires
employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query
against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol
Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that
requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates
seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor
vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the
FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of
offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify
Keywords: CHS, Inc., Bellingham , Retail Buyer, Hospitality & Tourism , Lynden, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!