Food Service Assistant - Food & Nutrition Services
Posted on: September 24, 2018
PeaceHealth is seeking a Food Service Assistant - Food & Nutrition Services for a 0.825 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 10 Hours.
Req ID: 164113--
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks which includes preparation, service, clean-up and delivery of food products in support of hospital food and catering service operations using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling.
- Prepare, mix, assemble, portion, serve, and store food following applicable guidelines.
- Operate dish machine, wash pots and perform heavy cleaning duties following safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Transport equipment, food, supplies and trash as directed.
- May act as cafeteria cashier/running the cash register.
- Follow guidelines for assigned station set-up and clean-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year previous work experience preferred. Retail food service experience preferred.
- Valid Food Handlers Card.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to effectively and safely perform the functions of this role.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. Joseph Medical Center:--
- May take electronic meal orders from patients in person and over the phone using an electronic table and associated software that specifies patient's specific dietary options.
- Delivers and retrieves patient trays. Rounds with the patient to ensure their experience was satisfactory.
- Delivers snacks, nourishments and tube feeding to patient care units.
- Additional Training
- May be expected to pass electronic tablet competency testing within orientation period
- May be expected to pass competency testing on basic nutrition and special diet orders within the orientation period.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.--
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 10 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $13.15, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Food Handlers Card - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham -- Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support -- Food & Nutrition Services -- Part Time -- CLINICAL SUPP SVCS
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Bellingham , Food Service Assistant - Food & Nutrition Services, Hospitality & Tourism , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!