Dietitian I - Food & Nutrition Services
Posted on: October 29, 2018
PeaceHealth is seeking a Dietitian I - Food & Nutrition Services for a 0.000001 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours. Req ID: 164937
JOB SUMMARY This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of nutrition care, consulting with other healthcare professionals as needed.
- Competent use of the Nutrition Care Process including: nutrition assessment, identification of nutritional diagnosis, implementation of appropriate nutrition intervention, and formulation of patient specific goals, monitoring, evaluation, and follow up of outcomes.
- Using evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines will provide nutrition education to patients and families in the outpatient and/or inpatient settings.
- Provides consult services to other healthcare providers and participates in the interdisciplinary team.
- Documents in the EMR in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations.
- When appropriate, makes referrals to other services, agencies and community resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree that meets Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) requirements EXPERIENCE/TRAINING:
- Successful completion of AND approved internship/training program LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
- Registered Dietitian or registration eligible (must pass the Registration Exam within 90 days).
- Current licensure/certification as required by State.
- Current Medicare provider status number may be required.
- Position may require valid driver's license and auto insurance. OTHER SKILLS:
- Demonstrated skill in teaching adults and pediatrics of varying competency levels
- Must be able to design, implement, and evaluate instructional materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with a variety of departments and work independently on numerous projects simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs ST JOSEPH - PHYSICIAN/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time). Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. About PeaceHealth PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications. Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 0.000001 Work Type: Per Diem/Relief Hourly compensation starts at: $24.28, more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Registered Dietician PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws. The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job. Posting Notes: Bellingham -- Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support -- Food & Nutrition Services -- Per Diem/Relief -- CLINICAL SUPP SVCS #GLDR
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Bellingham , Dietitian I - Food & Nutrition Services, Hospitality & Tourism , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!