FT Computer Information Systems Faculty
Company: Whatcom Community College
Posted on: January 10, 2020
Full-Time Computer Information Systems (CIS) Faculty, Tenure
TrackLocation?Bellingham, WAJob TypeFull-time
FacultyDepartmentSciences, Technology, Engineering & MathematicsJob
Number00191DescriptionWhatcom Community College invites
applications for a full-time, tenure-track Computer Information
Systems (CIS) instructor beginning Fall Quarter 2020 with the
possibility of an earlier start, depending on availability.? The
College is seeking a dynamic individual interested in developing
and engaging students through the use and implementation of
innovative and inclusive curriculum and teaching methods, including
the application of technology, both inside and outside the
classroom. The College seeks faculty who can adapt to a variety of
teaching situations and who have the ability to work effectively
and collaboratively with students, colleagues, staff, and others in
a campus climate that promotes cultural diversity and global
understanding. ?College faculty teach an equivalent of 15 credits
per quarter and participate in contributing to the college through
committee service and program leadership and development.This
position will be expected to teach required courses that prepare
students for the networking and security workforce or transfer; to
collaborate with college faculty and administrators in contributing
to the future vision and scope of Computer Information Systems
programs at the college; to remain current in the field and adapt
courses to meet changing cybersecurity, networking job skills and
qualification requirements; to develop and maintain contacts and
knowledge of companies and organizations in the community; to
identify and contribute to activities that promote student
development such as student clubs and/or other student volunteer
activities; and perform other duties as assigned.Being a faculty
member at Whatcom offers the opportunity to engage in the
advancement of equitable student outcomes and the elimination of
equity gaps. Faculty have regular opportunities for on-campus
professional development, collaboration with colleagues, and
engagement in workshops and learning communities. These
opportunities contribute to professional advancement at the
College, as well as personal growth. This position supports all
four of the College's four core themes ? achieving success,
building community, advancing equity, and enhancing
effectiveness.?Job ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities may include,
but are not limited to:
- Teach introductory and advanced courses, including
baccalaureate level courses.
- Collaborate with the Program Director in implementing the goals
of the program.
- Evaluate and update curriculum and course offerings.
- Develop and monitor student learning outcomes.
- Participate in faculty development and governance activities,
including periodic service as Technology Department chair.
- Mentor and assist adjunct faculty.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.?Qualifications, Salary and
- Bachelor's degree in Computer related field or equivalent
training and experience or a combination of education and
- Current industry certifications (e.g. A+, Network+, Security+,
- Master's degree in a Cyber Security or a related
- Cisco CCNA or above certification or ability to complete within
one year of hiring.
- Cisco CCAI or ability to complete within one year of
- Demonstrable record of keeping current in the CIS field.
- Teaching or training experience, preferably in a technical or
- Ability to teach lab based classes.
- Ability to create lab materials, configure computer images for
lab activities, and provide assistance to students in a lab
- Willingness to participate in program initiatives.?The
successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated content knowledge in the program or
- A commitment to student centered, inclusive pedagogy.
- A commitment to WCC's vision as "an innovative college, engaged
with our diverse and changing communities".
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities with
students and colleagues.?Salary and Appointment:?
- Current Bachelor's degree salary begins at $51,163 and Master's
degree salary begins at?$55,163 (additional degrees and experience
increase rate); 174 day annual contract.?Benefits Package:
- The position comes with a full benefits package, including
health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a
retirement plan.?Additionally, as a Washington State, public higher
education institution, WCC offers the following:
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for
the?PSLF?program. If you work for the College full time, have had
Direct Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are
eligible to apply.
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in
the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which
provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC
- Fall Quarter, 2020 with the possibility of an earlier start,
depending on availability.Application Due Date:
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be
received by Friday, January?10th, 2020 at 4:59 pm. Position open
until filled.?Special Instructions to ApplicantA completed
application consists of an?online application?and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the
applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement that responds to the following question (1
page max).*Whatcom Community College has a strategic plan core
theme to advance equity. Describe ways in which you have actively
engaged and demonstrated a commitment to promoting the success of
diverse students or employees.
- Current resume.
- Unofficial Transcripts for all earned degrees; official
transcripts required prior to the official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact
Keywords: Whatcom Community College, Bellingham , FT Computer Information Systems Faculty, IT / Software / Systems , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!