Software Engineer II
Company: Emergency Reporting
Posted on: October 5, 2019
SOFTWARE ENGINEER II, Bellingham, Washington For full job
description and to apply, please visit us at Emergency Reporting
Software Engineers develop web technologies to support the global
efforts of the Fire and EMS industry. Our core values are industry
integrity, team appreciation, fire service advocacy, responsible
stewardship, ongoing relevance, and consistent innovation. We are
passionate about our support of the Agile principles of software
development and have embraced a scrum development methodology with
strong emphasis on continuous improvement. As a Software Engineer
II you will be working on a small scrum team with a large potential
for learning and growth. With your technical expertise you manage
individual projects tasks, deadlines and deliverables. You design,
develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES
- Strive to exhibit ER's Valued Employee Attributes to support
our company values and culture.
- Adhere to applicable polices and procedures. RESPONSIBILITIES
OF EVERYONE IN THIS DEPARTMENT
- Understand and collaborate effectively in ER's Agile
organization using Scrum and Kanban methodologies; and striving to
become proficient in our tools and processes.
- Ability to effectively and consistently communicate and
collaborate with teammates, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Be an active part of defining and following best practices
around engineering excellence and contribute positively toward ER's
- Pursue any relevant continuing education/training to keep up
with best practices for engineering excellence. ESSENTIAL JOB
- Develop new features and perform bug fixing in ASP, PHP,
- Designs and develops high quality, high performing data SQL
queries, and works with other ER staff to performance tune
problematic queries as needed.
- Engage in daily stand-up meetings to provide regular status
updates to the team or as situations change.
- Perform and receive code reviews according to standards with
other members of the team.
- Perform performance tuning with an understanding of programming
- Support continuous process improvement with the goal of making
the Emergency Reporting technology team as efficient and effective
- Further the scrum and coding standards of the team.
- Develop the testing capacity of the team.
- Learn from training events and pass knowledge on to the team
through in-house discussions or lectures.
- Perform other duties as required. Requirements QUALIFICATIONS -
EDUCATION, LICENSES & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or
- 2+ years software development experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in relational database
concepts, design, constraints, stored procedures, functions, and
- Experience with Red Gate Database products helpful.
- Expertise with SQL Server, TSQL, SQL Server Reporting Services
or equivalent relational database systems.
- Experience with GIT, SVN, or equivalent source control system
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI preferred.
- Experience with data warehouses and ad hoc query tools
- Other combinations of education and experience that provide the
incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Passion for excellence.
- Organized and detail oriented, including ability to effectively
document and resolve issues.
- Self-directed and able to work independently and effectively to
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing technologies and
- Ability to be a collaborative team player.
- Ability to build positive, effective work relationships with
customers, co-workers, vendors, and others.
- Experience with continuous integration and unit testing.
- Effective in instructing others in proper techniques and
- Experience in addressing peers in a public forum on technical
topics. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Incumbent is subject to a background check and appropriate
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. WORKING
CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel: Some travel may be required.
- Mobility: Work is performed in an office setting and requires
working on the computer for long periods of time. Must be able to
move throughout the office to interact with employees.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the
phone, using collaboration tools, and in-person with background
- Vision: Must be able to consistently identify objects and
persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.
Keywords: Emergency Reporting, Bellingham , Software Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!