Company: Micro Focus
Posted on: November 5, 2019
Micro Focus is the 7th largest pure play Software Company in the
world providing customers with a best-in-class portfolio of
enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built-in. Micro
Focus puts customers at the center of its innovation and builds
high quality products that customers can rely on and its teams can
be proud of.
MICRO FOCUS ARE FOCUSED IN 4 SPECIFIC SOLUTION AREAS:
* Hybrid IT
* Security and Risk Management
* Predictive Analytics
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Host Connectivity team is a close-knit team that uses modern
agile development practices to move quickly and focus on what s
most important for delivering value. As a member of this team, the
Software Engineer designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs
software programs for software enhancements and new products; will
develop software including operating systems, compilers, routers,
networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools; will
determine hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware
THE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
* Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for
portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating
systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and
* Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned
portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
* Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and
outsourced development partners on software systems design and
* Participates as a member of project team of other software
systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners
to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for
low to moderately- complex products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, or equivalent
* Typically 0-2 years experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Experience or understanding of software systems design tools and
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Understanding of design for software systems running on multiple
* Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging
* Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
and local language.
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our
available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
MICRO FOCUS IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT
DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOUR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL
ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, CITIZENSHIP OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY
Keywords: Micro Focus, Bellingham , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!