Centralized Scheduling Coordinator - Scheduling
Posted on: December 5, 2019
PeaceHealth is seeking a Centralized Scheduling Coordinator -
Scheduling for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This
position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8
Req ID: 172059
Supports the Centralized/Integrated Scheduling department by
coordinating surgeries, procedures, exams, therapies and
evaluations for multiple hospital and outpatient departments,
modalities and facilities. Facilitates equipment, third party
schedules, prior authorization, physicians' schedules and staffing
assignments. Coordinates efficient operation of the department by
completing support activities as assigned.
- Serves as central point of communication for community
referring physicians and offices, system patient services, and
caregivers to secure resources necessary for patient care.
Interfaces and/or works directly with nursing units, technologists,
physicians, community offices and other medical facilities to
coordinate cases and appointments.
- Receives incoming phone calls related to all aspects of
scheduling and coordination of patients and resources. Supports
patients, caregivers, families and authorized organizations in
understanding the course of pre-procedure and exam testing.
- Assures all changes to the block and schedule are in accordance
with policies and alerts appropriate leadership when out of
compliance. Promotes adherence to leadership and board agreements
in scheduling practices.
- Collects and evaluates patient demographic, insurance, clinical
and non-clinical information.
- Analyzes clinical information and/or patient medical history to
determine conflicts regarding scheduling surgeries, procedures and
exams that would require consultation and resolution.
- Analyses algorithm assigned to each department, modality and
facility to identify how to best coordinate services. Assists in
the update of guidelines and policies.
- Coordinates and schedules third party resources, equipment,
caregivers and providers while maximizing efficiencies and
contributing to positive patient and caregiver experiences.
- Maintains template, block and schedule for multiple hospitals
and outpatient departments and resources.
- Identifies inaccuracies and missing data that would affect
departments' financial results; monitors cancellation and
rescheduling of cases and appointments to manage schedules,
equipment and blocks; identifies potential resource conflicts and
works with leadership to resolve.
- Ensures cases and appointments have prior authorization; may
coordinate with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility
and prior authorization.
- Creates and runs reports by department and modality to audit
performance. Audits and arranges cases and appointments to ensure
maximum efficiency of physicians and caregivers.
- Obtains required paper work and/or electronic form for chart
completion; ensures orders, history and physical, and consents are
- Performs other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- Associates degree required; or equivalent knowledge and skills
obtained through a combination of education, training and
- CNA or MA preferred
- Completion of basic anatomy/physiology class related to exams,
especially surgical pre and post-operative diagnosis and
interventional procedures preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in a hospital or healthcare
- Experience with scheduling is preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records system
- Experience in scheduling multiple healthcare departments and/or
- Experience with compliance and legal documentation of orders,
history and physical and consents preferred.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of surgeries, procedures and exams performed in a
hospital or an outpatient setting preferred.
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
- If CNA or MA, certification from appropriate state
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and responsibility in
an environment with multiple demands, interruptions and time
frames, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service and clear and concise telephone
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills that
demonstrate positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Publisher, etc.) applications.
- Proficient keyboarding and computer skills.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 20 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of
your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit
Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington,
Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000
caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than
900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural
communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St.
Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today,
PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues
with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social
justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a
collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about
working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit
our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this
three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email
Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept
resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $18.62, more depending on
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without
regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified
individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender;
pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic
information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in
accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers
assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham -- Business, Administrative & Facilities
-- Other - Administrative -- Full Time -- HOSPITAL ADMIN
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Bellingham , Centralized Scheduling Coordinator - Scheduling, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!