Company: Butler America Aerospace L.L.C.
Posted on: February 5, 2020
LOCATION: BELLINGHAM, WA (98226)
6 MONTH CONTRACT
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates activities involved with procuring,
tracking, and expediting goods and services such as raw materials,
equipment, tools, parts and supplies at a competitive price,
delivery, and quality via the issuance of a purchase order.
* Schedules and tracks the material deliveries based upon
production schedule and other program requirements.
* Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information
such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
* Prepares purchase orders and bid requests.
* Basic negotiation and administration of agreements with suppliers
and other representatives within scope of authority.
* Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
* Analyzes price proposals, financial reports and other data and
information to determine reasonable prices.
* Maintains procurement records such as items or services
purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and
* Support achievement of department metrics.
* Enters purchase orders into MRP system and issues to supplier via
internet, fax or e-mail.
* Maintains purchase order status and follows up on unconfirmed and
past due orders plus requirements due in coming weeks.
* Arbitrates claims and resolves complaints generated during
performance of purchase order or contract, escalating issues to the
Purchasing Manager as appropriate.
* Interacts with Engineering, Planning and Production to ensure any
changes in production requirements are flowed down to
* Maintains professionalism in developing collaborative
relationships with internal customers, partners and suppliers.
Liaise with planners to control scheduling of parts to ensure stock
levels meet demands while achieving site level/corporate financial
* Evaluates defective or unacceptable goods or services with
inspection or quality control, users, vendors and others to
determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
* Updates suppliers with engineering changes and drawings. Actively
manages supplier performance. Develops commodity/market knowledge
and maintains roster of available supply sources. Approves invoices
for payment within scope of authority. Expedites delivery of goods
EDUCATION: COLLEGE DEGREE IS PREFERRED (PREFERABLY A DEGREE IN
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OR RELATED FIELD) OR COMPARABLE
EXPERIENCE: 6+ YEARS EXPERIENCE IN PURCHASING.
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through
job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
- Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
- Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less
- Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal
opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer.
Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the
benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where
we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is
governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Butler America Aerospace L.L.C., Bellingham , Buyer, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!