Staff Development Coordinator
Company: EmpRes Healthcare
Posted on: February 6, 2020
Highland Health & Rehabilitation is currently accepting
applications for a full time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team
as the Staff Development Coordinator (SDC) - Infection Control
The Staff Development Coordinator is directly accountable to the
Director of Nursing Services to administer, plan, develop, direct,
evaluate and coordinate the facility nurse assistant training
program and education programs implemented by this facility.
Responsible for the facility-wide orientation program. Supervises
the clinical activities of all CNAs, either directly or in
collaboration with the shift nurses. Functions as a licensed nurse
providing direct resident care when necessary.
- Plans, implements, directs and evaluates the education program
in the facility based on identified resident needs, staff needs,
governmental regulations, and company policy. Recruits outside
sources to provide up-to-date education programs.
- Evaluates resident and staff training needs, and provides the
Executive Director and Director of Nursing Services with
comprehensive recommendations concerning the educational/training
needs of nursing assistants.
- Interprets and implements established facility policies,
procedures and regulations for nursing assistants.
- Supervises and evaluates nursing assistant conformance to
facility policies, procedures and regulations.
- Plans and provides the Executive Director and Director of
Nursing Services with an annual schedule of planned education
- Plans, schedules and posts a monthly calendar of education
programs in a timely manner.
- Maintains current education records of classes conducted,
attendance and clinical performance of each nursing assistant, as
well as attendance records of other employees.
- Maintains an education profile for each nursing assistant,
listing each class attended, date, time period and evaluation of
- Prepares lesson plans containing objectives, course content,
method of instruction and method of evaluation for each class
scheduled and completed.
- Supervises classroom and clinical activities of nursing
- Ensures continued competency of the CNAs through quality
assurance activities. Provides one-on-one demonstration, practice,
and supervision of all CNAs at least once monthly to monitor and
- Manages the approved education program and submits approval
forms as required by the State Agency.
- Submits in writing any proposed program changes to Company
- Continually assess the education program to ensure the approved
program is being implemented.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process by
providing attendance records and observations of nursing assistant
performance to the Director of Nursing Services.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to work cooperatively with
residents, nursing supervisors, licensed nurses, nursing
assistants, physicians, families, consultants, community agencies
and ancillary service personnel.
- Demonstrates concern for all residents welfare by rendering
immediate assistance as necessary.
- Consistently operates the education department program within
- Observes and teaches the facility infection control policies
and procedures to all employees.
- Observes and teaches the company safety policies and procedures
to nursing assistants.
- Observes and teaches the company residents rights policies and
- Assumes responsibility for obtaining continuing education
relating to the care of the geriatric resident and nursing
- Analyzes all quality assurance and improvement data collected
and reports confirmed concerns to the QA/QI Committee.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to identify problems, report in
an objective manner, and take appropriate corrective
- Participates in and contributes meaningful information in all
meetings relating to resident care and QA/QI in the
- Maintains all records and data in a neat, organized manner for
- Demonstrates concern for feelings of others by listening and
taking follow-up action as necessary.
- RN license in the State of WA
- One year of experience and demonstrated competence in planning,
implementing, and directing educational programs for adults in the
- Experience supervising nursing assistants.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (Stock Bonus Program)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Employee Hardship Fund
- 100% Employee Owned Company
Highland Health and Rehabilitation
2400 Samish Way
Bellingham, WA 98229
EmpRes Healthcare is a 100% Employee Owned Company. We embody a
spirit and value system that encourages loyalty, honesty and a
commitment to caring. From our belief that people are always the
number one priority, the EmpRes Healthcare companies are committed
- Caring about our residents, families, employees, and
- Excellence in service
- Treating our residents, families and employees with dignity and
respect at all times
- Sound stewardship of our financial and human resources
EmpRes Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: EmpRes Healthcare, Bellingham , Staff Development Coordinator, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!