Nursing Home Administrator
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Now Hiring Healthcare Heroes!
Join our amazing team and #workwithpurpose
Nursing Home Administrator
Position Type: Salaried
Location: Avamere Bellingham Healthcare - 1200 Birchwood Ave.
Bellingham, WA 98225
As the Building Adminsitrator, you'll join a team with a culture
and mission to enhance the life of every person we serve. This is
more than a job - it's a place where our team members build lasting
relationships with patients and residents, their families, and
fellow team members.
The primary responsibility of this position is to direct the
day-to-day functions of the facility to assure that the highest
degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all
We are dedicated to keeping our team members and residents safe.
Download our flyer that shows our protocols and response to
- Free meals to all employees
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Employee assistance program featuring free counseling services,
financial coaching, legal services and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off/sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer contributions
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary
dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the
facility's programs and activities.
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures and
professional standards of practice that govern the operations of
- Delegate administrative authority, responsibility and
accountability to staff personnel.
- Consult with department directors concerning the operation of
the departments, meeting frequently to ensure information sharing
is being provided on a continuous basis.
- Responsible for identifying staffing needs, interviewing,
hiring, annual reviews, counseling, and employee corrections.
- Prepare an annual operating budget, review and interpret
monthly financial statements, and make adjustments as necessary to
assure the continued ability to provide quality care.
- Participate in state and federal surveys of the facility,
reviewing any deficiencies and developing plans of correction.
- Maintain good personnel relations, employee morale, and support
and encourage teamwork.
- Maintain a good public relations program that serves the best
interest of the facility and community alike.
- Review the facility's Quality Measures data and public
information for accuracy.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in
accordance with HIPAA guidelines, and uphold procedures to ensure
all staff are trained and in compliance with this policy.
- Must possess a Nursing Home Administrator license.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Public Health Administration or similar
- 2 years' experience in a supervisory capacity in a nursing
facility or hospital.
- Thorough knowledge of OBRA regulations, the survey process,
survey tag numbers, and quality measures.
- Knowledgeable of reimbursement regulations and nursing
practices and procedures, and the laws, regulations and guidelines
pertaining to nursing facility administration.
Amidst scenic Bellingham, Washington you will find Avamere
Bellingham Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services. This 84-bed
skilled nursing and rehabilitation community fosters a strong
employee culture committed to serving each other and their valued
patients and residents.
Small acts of kindness make a big difference at Avamere .
Compassionate employees take the time to ask patients and residents
how they can make their day better. Sometimes that is giving a word
of encouragement, helping them stay connected with family through
technology, or simply being a listening ear.
All employees and leaders at Avamere Bellingham Healthcare &
Rehabilitation Services join under one mission: to enhance the life
of every person they serve. This is evident at Avamere as managers
assist employees whenever possible and healthcare staff unite to
serve patients and residents.
Get to know more about this community on their blog and on Facebook.
Keywords: Avamere, Bellingham , Nursing Home Administrator, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!