HOST - Shari's of Burlington
Company: Shari's Restaurant
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Reports To: Manager or Shift Leader on Duty
Position Summary: A host contributes to the
success of Sharis by demonstrating exceptional hospitality at the
beginning and end of each guests dining experience. In addition, a
host maintains the cashier and foyer areas in a clean and orderly
manner throughout their shift and assists servers with beverages,
delivering food and bussing tables.
Essential Functions: To
perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential function satisfactorily. The duties and
responsibilities listed below are those that must be met to
successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an
- Provide a high level of hospitality to guests entering and
leaving the restaurant. Make an effort to recognize regular
- Answer the restaurants phone and assist with guests
- Warmly acknowledge and greet guests as they arrive at the
restaurant, escort and seat guests at an appropriate table, assist
guest with special seating requirements.
- Maintain an organized and accurate waiting list when immediate
seating is not available.
- Present menus, the specials of the day and offer beverages to
- Assist servers with refilling beverages, delivering meals and
- Cash out guests check by accurately processing various forms of
payments and discounts.
- Present a guest feedback offer to each guest as they are cashed
- Clean and reset tables.
- Actively promote the sale of whole pies and retail items as
guests cash out.
- Assist guests, servers and cooks with the production and
assembly of takeout orders.
- Assist with preparing and decorating pies.
- Maintain a professional appearance including personal hygiene
and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to work.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional relationship with
coworkers and the management team, graciously offer and accept help
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and notify
management of any guest complaint.
- Keep the foyer, cash area and pie case neat, organized and
stocked; complete side work during non-busy hours.
- Protect restaurant guests by adhering to sanitation, safety and
alcohol beverage control policies
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as
requested by the manager at any time.
- Commitment to quality guest service and hospitality.
- Be personable, self-confident and generally likable. Be
optimistic and enthusiastic about what you do.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under varying degrees of
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and the ability count
back change and follow recipes and portions when preparing
- Meet productivity standards and complete work using time
- Language Ability - Ability to read, write, speak and
understand English well. Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Math Ability - Ability to add and subtract two-digit
numbers and count back appropriate change. Ability to perform these
operations using units of United States money and weight
measurement, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or
oral, form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
variables in situations.
- Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in both
positive and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests,
coworkers and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
- Permits Obtain and maintain required food handler and
alcohol service permits.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the team member is
required to stand or walk for 2 hours at a time, up to 6 hours.
Team member will be able to sit approximately every 2 hours. Team
member will continuously be performing hand and wrist work
including grasping. Team member will frequently bend and twist.
Team member will occasionally push and pull and reach above the
shoulder. Team member will seldom be pushing/pulling, doing any
fine manipulation, kneeling, squatting or climbing. Team member
will continuously lift or carry 1-10 pounds; occasionally lift or
carry 11- 20 pounds.
Keywords: Shari's Restaurant, Bellingham , HOST - Shari's of Burlington, Other , Burlington, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!