Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery
stores, complete with our own distribution centers and
transportation network. We're proud to operate across 10 states
west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe,
as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in
the United States and is #59 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with
low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $30 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to
internal and external customers by processing customer orders in an
efficient, accurate, safe and courteous manner at a two aisle check
stand, a multi station self-check-out lane, or customer service
desk as assigned. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with
an emphasis on fast, friendly customer service.
- Operates check stand equipment such as a cash register, scanner
and scale to process customer orders using two aisles to check
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Processes monetary transactions (i.e., giving and receiving
change, etc.) including cash, checks, gift certificates, travelers
checks, food stamps, processing coupons, and refunds.
- Maintains knowledge of current product location, monitors UPC
codes and ensures proper pricing.
- Maintains clean, neat and properly stocked check stand and
ensures safe and secure work area.
- Stocks, prices and rotates merchandise.
- May be assigned to a multi station self-check-out lane as
- May be assigned to the customer service counter as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal
and external customers.
- Work varied shifts between 5:00 am and 1:00 am in a 24/7
operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
Perform friendly, courteous, tactful relations with customers
and co-workers with composure.
- Communicate (hearing and speech) to perform customer relation
- Complete written forms.
- Conduct visual inspection, read information on merchandise,
- Lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up
to 20 lbs. frequently and perform repetitious work accurately.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Operate check stand equipment such as cash registers, scanners,
- Stand for long periods of time, walk rapidly, bend, stoop,
twist, and turn frequently for long periods of time.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination.
- Learn and memorize a considerable amount of information
including PLU codes, location of products, check stand and keyboard
procedures and company policies.
- Ensure accuracy in recording sales and handling monetary
transactions with mental alertness and basic math skills (add,
subtract, multiply and divide).
- Climb and balance on ladders when stocking shelves.
- Use blades for box cutting.
- Work in a cooler and freezer.
- Use household cleaners to maintain work area (i.e., waxes,
glass cleaner, etc.).
- Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Fork lift, electric and manual pallet jacks, hand truck,
garbage and card board compactor.
- Box knife
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All
employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws.
The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of
personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety
of perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Bellingham , Cashier/Checker, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!