Security Officer - Security Parking
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a Security Officer - Security Parking for
a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at
$18.99, more depending on experience.
The Security Officer is responsible for providing safety and
security services which requires regular interactions with
patients, visitors, caregivers and clinicians in highly diverse and
complex situations. Interacts with local law enforcement to provide
information, clarification of events and coordinate emergency
- Provides safety and security services which includes;
patrolling grounds, parking lots, buildings, securing entryways and
exits, etc. to effectively address potential conduct issues,
violations of policy, check for property damage, inspect safety
issues, inspect certain safety features such as fire extinguishers
or water valves, respond to all codes, address trespassing
concerns, provide assistance with out of control patients, and
utilizes electronic checkpoints.
- Provides stand-by service or escort services for protection of
caregivers or patients as needed.
- Provides courtesy services such as providing directions,
locksmith functions, jump-starts, changing flat tires, reporting
vehicles with lights on, and assisting families in times of
- Provides non-violent physical crisis intervention and
de-escalation techniques to neutralize extreme situations and
mitigate negative outcomes.
- Provides crowd control during events resulting in an influx of
patients and/or visitors.
- Responsible for coordinating information, clarification of
events and coordinating emergency protocols which may require
collaboration with external safety and law enforcement
- Responds to all emergency situations and applies appropriate
protocols for the Code, Disaster (command center), ETO Exposure,
Fire, Flood, Hazardous spills, and all code situations.
- May assist flight crew and ground crew with Life Flight/Airlift
NW transports and securing landing the pad.
- Responsible for adhering to protocols; completing, filing and
maintaining correct documentation, filing reports, monitoring
visitor permits, and assists with maintaining building access
control by utilizing the computerized badge/door system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years security, military or police
experience is required.
- Healthcare facility security experience and self-defense
experience is preferred.
- BLS Certification upon hire.
- Valid Driver's License for the State hired to perform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to formulate a plan of action, carry it out with
control and apply crisis intervention and de-escalation skills
- Ability to perform data entry as necessary
- Good physical condition to walk, run and lift as needed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Access, and
- Must have acceptable driving record and maintain that level in
accordance with the PeaceHealth Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Whatcom Region Only:
- May be responsible for maintaining building access control
through programming, troubleshooting and data entry into badge
access system. Creates and issues ID badges .Assigns security
access as determined. This position will program and remove access
cards from a predetermined data set within the electronic access
system. Trains and works within the infant abduction, access, and
- May be responsible for developing required reports and
providing monthly regulatory audits as required. Maintains
department website and assists in security research projects as
- Successfully completes the non-violent Crisis Intervention
(CPI) course during orientation and renews training as outlined in
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor
cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes
or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body
fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and
pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
- Ability to assist in managing violent, uncontrollable
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit
Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington,
Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000
caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than
900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural
communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St.
Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today,
PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues
with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social
justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and
a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more
about working at PeaceHealth and the community please visit our
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this
three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email [email protected].
Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Bellingham , Security Officer - Security Parking, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!