Behavioral Health Clinician LICSW
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
$3000 sign on bonus. Relocation Assistance Available
PeaceHealth is seeking a full time Behavioral Health Clinician -
The Behavioral Health Clinician is a core member of the
collaborative care team, including the patient's medical provider
and psychiatric consultant, as well as the larger primary care
team. Responsible for supporting and coordinating the mental and
physical health care of patients on an assigned patient caseload
with the patient's primary care provider and, when appropriate,
other mental health providers.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the AIMS
Collaborative Care Model or Behavioral Health Integration.
- Screen and assess patients for common mental health and
substance abuse disorders. Facilitate patient engagement and
- Evaluates and provides interventions to improve a patient's
cognitive, social, vocational, spiritual, and emotional
functioning, utilizing natural and community supports when
- Provides urgent/crisis evaluations, interventions, and safety
- Together with consumer and natural supports, identifies key
problems, strengths and resources to be addressed in the treatment
Provide or facilitate in-clinic or outside referrals to
evidence-based psychosocial treatments as clinically indicated.
Participate in regularly scheduled consultation with the
psychiatrist and communicate resulting treatment recommendations to
the patient's medical provider.
Systematically track treatment response in a registry and
monitor patients (in person, by video, or by telephone) for changes
in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or
- Support psychotropic medication management with supervision of
psychiatrist as prescribed by medical providers, focusing on
treatment adherence monitoring, side effects, and effectiveness of
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Masters' degree in Social Work (MSW).
- Minimum of three years' experience in behavioral health
- Experience in diagnosis and treatment of patients with complex
mental health conditions.
- LICSW required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of
- Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information
appropriate to patients' needs and age as required for assessment
range of treatment, and patient care.
- Proficiency with DSM-5 diagnoses and best practice treatment
interventions for a variety of behavioral health conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal
relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Knowledge and adherence to Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
and documenting in electronic medical records.
- Effective prioritization skills.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state, or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Bellingham , Behavioral Health Clinician LICSW, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!