Member Consultant II
Company: Boeing Employees Credit Union
Posted on: June 1, 2021
The Member Consultant II provides a seamless delivery of member
service from routine to complex issues by assisting in a branch
environment. The role will be required to deliver a high quality
member experience while using their knowledge of multiple products
and will identify, diagnose, and act on members' consumer financial
needs, including referrals to the appropriate line of business for
specialized services. The MC II utilizes their thorough knowledge
of credit union products, including business deposit products and
small business loans, consumer loans and lines of credit and
deposit products (such as IRA products), to provide excellent
customer service to the member. The Member Consultant II is
responsible for serving as a subject matter expert to members and
Member Consultants, creating an outstanding member experience by
resolving member service needs, and delivering expertise in
specialized financial services.
By applying to this requisition, you have expressed interest in
working in a Neighborhood Financial Center within the Coastal
In the Coastal District, there are pod branches. A pod is a
group of branches that are close in proximity to one another. If
selected for employment, the candidate will be hired into a pod.
Once the candidate is done with training and a position opens up in
their pod, the candidate will be placed into one of the full-time
Member Consultant positions within their pod.
The pods are split up as follows:
If an interview is scheduled, a recruiter will discuss the
preferred pod for the candidate.
- Minimum 2 years post-High school education required or
equivalent years of experience; 3 or more years post-High school
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role at a Financial
Institution, 3 years customer/member/client facing experience in a
retail environment may be accepted instead. Combination of above
experience totaling 4 years may also be accepted.
- Experience as a BECU Member Consultant preferred. Experience in
business lending, mortgage lending and consumer lending
- Successful completion of in-house training program after hire
- Excellent problem resolutions, negotiating, organization and
peer coaching skills with the ability to exercise confidentiality
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively
communicate in the English language.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Credit Union key
objectives, product and service solutions to communicate
appropriate recommendations to uncover and address member
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that
pertain to all membership, deposit and loan products and services
offered including all forms, interest rates and necessary
- Thorough understanding of the sales process and manage a sales
- Effective analytical skills with proficient math aptitude.
- Ability to work a shifting/flexible schedule; this requires
evenings, nights or weekends.
- Full time hours required; additional hours as necessary.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual
registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected
Keywords: Boeing Employees Credit Union, Bellingham , Member Consultant II, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!