Case Aide - Temporary - SUD Adult Programs - Bellingham Recovery Center/Whatcom Co.
Company: Catholic Community Services of
Posted on: June 4, 2021
The CCS NW Recovery Centers provide a full continuum of
outpatient Substance Abuse Disorder treatment services. CCS
provides treatment to youth, adults, and their families. The CCS NW
Recovery Centers are a safe, nurturing, and enriching environment
where all are treated with dignity and respect, and where clients
and their families become empowered to make healthy changes to stop
the destruction of alcoholism and other drug dependencies. CCS
emphasizes a broad range of approaches to the treatment of
alcoholism and other drug dependencies, striving to serve those
most in need. The philosophy of CCS NW Recovery Centers is that
treatment is most effective when it is "family-centered".
The purpose of the SUD Case Aide is to provide opportunity to
individuals beginning their SUD professional career. Incumbents
will be responsible for working directly with and/or shadowing
SUDP/T's with all aspects of outpatient treatment services. The
goal is to have Case Aides obtain enough knowledge and skill growth
to advance into the next level of SUD professional work (SUDP
This position is temporary - Potentially up to 6 months, P/T
Variable position (0-37.5 hours per week), hours are based on
Pay is $16.56 per hour.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Counselors with retention and re-engagement of
- Assist Counselors with file maintenance.
- Place and return phone calls as needed to applicable referral
- Assist with referrals to other entities and agencies, including
inpatient treatment referrals.
- Provide back up for drug courts as needed.
- Incumbent will meet individually with patients to complete
intakes or discharges.
- Incumbent will assist counselors with group preparation, group
process and complete group notes.
- Incumbent will provide coverage for urinalysis as needed.
- Assessment Screenings (increase knowledge and obtain skill set
to advance in assessment services):
- After employee has worked with clinical staff and leadership to
gain appropriate documented knowledge and skill set, they may
conduct assessments with ongoing clinical oversight.
- Meet with and provide documentation for phase 3 groups weekly
or monthly as required.
Documentation and reports:
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports for courts and
other referring entities.
- Document case notes in the clinical file.
- Maintain compliance with program guidelines; assist with
documentation of each client contact in the clinical file.
- Maintain program spreadsheets as required by specific program
- Open and close files in TARGET.
- Provide back up for support and clinical staff.
Access to and protection of PHI:
- Responsible for upholding a culture of privacy and security in
highly confidential work environment (HIPAA covered entity service
- Complies with all CCSWW policies and procedures that involve
access to and safeguarding of client Protected Health Information
Other work related duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in or have completed required WA State DOH
college courses specific to the SUDP/T certification.
- Have a current, or able and willing to obtain a SUDP Trainee
Certification with the WA State DOH.
- Committed to the principles of substance use disorders
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and follow
- Excellent communication, organization, team building,
interpersonal skills and ability to de-escalate crises.
- Demonstrated commitment to the preservation of a workplace that
embraces diversity and inclusivity.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic
Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and
respectful environment that promotes teamwork.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to
deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in
- Criminal History Background Checks are required prior to
- Experience working with substance use disorders patients.
- Office Skills and proficiency with Excel Spreadsheets.
Keywords: Catholic Community Services of, Bellingham , Case Aide - Temporary - SUD Adult Programs - Bellingham Recovery Center/Whatcom Co., Other , Burlington, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!