The Waterjet Technician performs a variety of duties and
utilizes multiple skillsets. Technicians are required to follow
directions carefully, have basic mechanical knowledge, manual
dexterity, good eyesight and the ability to perform repetitive
tasks, including operation of the Ward and Flow Waterjet systems,
loading panel stock and set-up. Ability to program and operate the
system to nest and cut parts. Part numbering and kitting of cut
parts are some of the daily tasks.
The Waterjet Technician has two levels of competency to be
determined by performance, certifications, and supervisor
- Basic to Capable
- Proficient to Expert
The following essential job functions are performed as a
- Attention to detail and quality is required
- Reads and understands blue prints, isometric drawings and work
- Receives and carries out directions from designated
- Must be able to understand and comply with Safety
- Identifies and obtains equipment, tools and materials needed to
properly perform job function
- Sets up scaffolding and safety barriers under direction
- Properly executes Hazardous Material Disposal activities
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly,
FOD free condition
- Knowledge and use of common hand tools
- Performs on the job training, AS9100, NADCAP training and other
training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple
deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate
cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a
condition of employment and is an essential function of the
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN OR LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT FOR THIS
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US
Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8
U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- High School diploma or GED required, college level or trade
school education preferred.
- One or more years of experience in related field may be
substituted for education.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
Job duties may include one or more of the following:
- Janicki Certified, Overhead Crane, Forklift and Manlift
Operation OPERATOR B REQUIRED (as separate Certifications)
- Understanding and use of panel lifting and Crane lifting
- Compliance with 5S, AS9100 and Nadcap Standards and
- Understanding of Sigmanest and NC Programming of Water Jets (as
a separate Certification)
- Operation of Ward Jet
- Operation of Flow Jet
- Maintenance of machinery
- Performs other tasks in Mold Fab, Assembly or Mill Cells if
machines are not working or workload is light
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Overhead crane, Forklift, Various hand and power tools, Flow
Waterjet Cutter, Ward Waterjet Cutter and computer
Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods.
Must be able to climb ladders and work platforms. Exposed to noise,
dust, dirt, and paint fumes. Must be able to work under hot and
cold conditions. Personal protective equipment (PPE), safety
glasses and respirator will be required. Must be comfortable
working within confined spaces and at various heights.
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki
Industries does not does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital
or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or
any other legally protected status.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki
Industries' Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals
with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation
to the application/interview process should notify the Human
Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.