#1005 - Machine Shop Technician
Company: Janicki Inustries, Inc.
Location: Sedro Woolley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Machinist Technician performs a variety of duties and
utilizes multiple skillsets. Techs are required to follow detailed
drawings and instructions. Set up, operation, and maintenance of
CNC and manual mills, lathes, and standard machine shop tools are
some of the daily tasks.
The Machinist Technician has three levels of competency to be
determined by performance, certifications, and supervisor
- Basic to Capable
- Proficient to Expert
- Proficient to Expert and includes Certifications for Metrology,
NC Programming, and/or Welding
The following essential job functions are performed as a
- Attention to detail and quality is required
- Reads and understands blue prints, isometric drawings and work
- Receives and carries out directions from designated Supervisors
and Production Leads
- Must be able to understand and comply with Safety
- Identifies and obtains equipment, tools and materials needed to
properly perform job function
- Set up scaffolding and safety barriers under direction
- Properly executes Hazardous Material Disposal activities
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly,
FOD free condition
- Knowledge and use of common hand tools
- Accurate use of precision measuring instruments (ie:
micrometers, calipers, etc,) and working to exacting
- Must understand and comply with Safety and 5S.
- Must understand and comply with AS9100 and Nadcap Practices and
Procedures as applicable
- Works in other Cells to support Production as required, ie;
Metal Fab or Mill Cells
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple
deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate
cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a
condition of employment and is an essential function of the
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN OR LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT FOR THIS
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US
Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8
U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- High School diploma or GED required, college level or trade
school education preferred.
- One or more years of experience in related field may be
substituted for education.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
Job duties may include one or more of the following:
- Janicki Certified, Overhead Crane, Forklift and Manlift
Operation (as separate Certifications)
- CNC Mill and Manual Mill set up, operation and maintenance
- CNC Lathe and Manual Lathe set up, operation and
- Mill/Lathe Operation, includes Tooling knowledge, Calibrated
equipment, machine operation, part loading and clamping, machine
- Operation of standard machine shop tools and machinery
- Working knowledge of Math, Geometry and Trigonometry
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, Sigma Six and /or other
Continual Improvement experience is a plus
- CNC editing on the shop floor
- NC Programming (as a separate Certification)
- Metrology including part leveling, fixturing, equipment
handling, laser tracker, radar and targeting as well as Spatial
Analyzer Operation, (as a separate Certification)
Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods.
Must be able to climb ladders and work platforms. Exposed to noise,
dust, dirt, and paint fumes. Must be able to work under hot and
cold conditions. Personal protective equipment (PPE), safety
glasses and respirator will be required. Must be comfortable
working within confined spaces and at various heights
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki
Industries does not does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital
or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or
any other legally protected status.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki
Industries' Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals
with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation
to the application/interview process should notify the Human
Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.
Keywords: Janicki Inustries, Inc., Bellingham , #1005 - Machine Shop Technician, Other , Sedro Woolley, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!