Cortland is a global designer, manufacturer, and supplier of
technologically advanced ropes, slings, and strength members.
Collaborating with customers, our team uses its experience in high
performance materials and market knowledge to transform ideas into
proven products. For more than 35 years, our custom-built solutions
have been developed for work in the toughest environments and to
overcome some of the world's greatest challenges. They consistently
enable our customers to meet the demands of the aerospace, defense,
medical, research, subsea, marine, and energy industries.
Cortland is wholly owned by Enerpac Tool Group. Enerpac Tool
Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a
broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The
Company's businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic
tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise
positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably
tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The
Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee
Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its
businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Job type (production, support, professional, managerial):
Reports To (title):
Summary - basic function of the role
The Quality Inspector shall operate test machinery and carry out
destructive and non-destructive testing for the verification of
product compliance against standards. The Quality Inspector will
also work with the Quality Team towards the increase in the
efficiency of the manufacturing process by reducing variation in
production material as well as ensuring quality products as a final
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect parts and products to customer, company, and supplier
dimensional drawings and standards.
- Perform destructive and non-destructive testing such as proof
load, break tests, electrical resistance tests, elongation tests,
as applicable to the product under inspection.
- Perform inspections, tests, and record findings and results as
per the Standard Rope and Qualification process program (SRQ).
- Perform incoming inspection of critical products, noncompliant
and/or returned materials for verification, disposition and
recording of appropriate information and records, as required.
- Generate inspection reports, maintain and control inspection
- May be assigned duties and responsibilities that are suitable
to the skill and experience level of the inspector.
- Responsible for completion of NCRs and investigations as
assigned by the manager.
- Certification/de-certification of incoming parts.
- Process "Priorities" in a timely manner.
- Keep a safe and clean environment and Follow safety rules of
the production floor.
- Perform compliance assessments and audits.
- Accompany third party inspectors for validation of test reports
and witnessing purposes.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Skills and Competencies - identify the ALE competencies that are
most critical for success in the role
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external
customers and suppliers.
- Proficiency on dimensional inspection equipment.
- Write and complete technical forms and reports.
- Read and interpret blueprints and engineering
- Apply concepts such as functions, percentages, rates, and
proportions to simple data.
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Use of inspection equipment.
- Micrometers, Calipers, Bore gauges, Hardness testing equipment,
Ra surface Analyzer, Bore scope, some air gauging, CMM machine and
Standard functional gauges (threaded plugs, ring gauges, plain
- Strong eye for detail.
Education and Experience
Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED. Associate's
degree or higher preferred.
- Experience using the common tools (calipers, micrometers,
functional gauges, megohmmeter, tape measures, laser mics, and
more) is preferred.
- An ability to read prints containing standard tolerancing as
well as geometric Dimensioning and tolerancing is a must.
- Ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience in a quality
technician/inspector role inspecting and testing a variety of parts
- Auditing experience, ISO 9001 preferred.
- Computer skills are required. Inspection records, communication
and product transactions are all completed using a personal
computer and the ability to navigate through a windows application
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 50
pounds in weight. Employee will have to be able to walk/climb to a
variety of primary work locations, including traveling by air/auto
to remote sites. Employee will need to listen, understand, and
speak with team members in person, telephonically, and
electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with
supported organizations. Employee is able to work in front of a
personal computer and telephone for long periods of time.
Approximately 25% travel to support other Cortland locations as
Primary work environment is non-temperature controlled
workshop/manufacturing facility where following appropriate safety
protocols at the location would be required. Employee will be
exposed to heavy levels of noise in workshop.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Key External Contacts/Clients
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to
describe the principle functions of the job described and shall not
be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be inherent in the job.
If you're looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and
potential for growth, Enerpac Tool Group offers challenges &
extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Choose
opportunity - choose Enerpac Tool Group!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer