Procurement Manager - Anacortes, WA
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Procurement Manager (Contract Specialist) will develop
sourcing strategies and tactics for the Chemicals and Catalyst
portfolio, specific to Puget Sound Refinery in Anacortes, WA.
Strategies and tactics will be based on a deep understanding of the
current situation of the business, the business strategy and
drivers, the local supplier market and global strategies. The
Procurement Manager (Contract Specialist) enables stakeholders in
the Supply Chain to understand the intent of contracts, optimise
the use of contracts, manage Contract(or)s for performance and
remove waste. This role is intended to identify and leverage
commercial opportunities and best practices where applicable.
- Design and improve with business partners the assigned supply
chains, starting with inhouse/outsource choices and (re)designs,
the contracting strategy and commercial tactics and post award
- Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully
aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the
- Apply commercially advantageous practices while focusing on
contribution to the business drivers and not compromising on
compliance for safety, ethics, Code of Conduct, Laws and
- Understand the changes in the business, business drivers and
external environment and trigger adjustment of supply chain end to
end processes, category strategies and contracts.
- Manage relationships across the end to end supply chain for the
assigned categories and ensure that stakeholders understand the
intent of the contract and work together to achieve the desired
- Determine the right remuneration model (e.g. output-based
contract) to encourage the right behaviours and expectations from
suppliers to optimise alignment of supply chain and asset
- Drive total cost reductions and value beyond 'the usual'.
Identify opportunities in the contract portfolio to create more
value and/or to eliminate waste.
- Drive continuous improvement by replicating game changer
improvements and recommended practices. Facilitate discussions on
process performance and inefficiencies
- Conduct tenders evaluate bids & drive negotiations with
Suppliers in collaboration with internal stakeholders (end
- Proactively identify & understand procurement needs from
internal stakeholders and propose competitive solutions for the end
to end Supply Chain.
- Ensure integrated ways of working with business and
Special Challenges (Complexity):
- In order to achieve and sustain "most competitive supply
chains", future value delivery will predominantly be derived from
the Demand and Specification levers, which will require deeper
application of Supply Chain Transformational approaches combined
with deeper collaboration with key suppliers in the Supply
- Ability to manage and prioritize value and the potentially
dynamic nature of the portfolio based on Business Demand and Team
- Implementation of robust CP tactics/strategy and contract
documentation to secure third party services and materials in
compliance with business need, quality requirements and on best
commercial terms that fully accounts for all market
capacity/capability and risks/opportunities.
- Supporting the delivery of contracts awarded, which includes
developing comprehensive post award contract management plans to
enable value maximization for the organization.
- Various interface management which includes internal (Business
Stakeholders, Category Team, wider SC Team) & external (Suppliers,
Contractors) that would require excellent collaboration and close
- Proven track record of high performance with demonstrated
ability to interact seamlessly and effectively with all levels of
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven
- Driven, motivated & passionate to drive positive change
- Demonstrated ability to interact seamlessly and effectively
with all levels of management
Skills & Requirements
What we need from you -
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time
basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- At least five (5) years related experience specifically in
contract negotiations & tender evaluation.
- Able to adjust global strategies to the current situation of
the local business and market conditions
- Able to influence stakeholders (Business, Procurement,
Suppliers) to work together in an integrated way
- Able to perform contract management (including post contract
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated
ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, and
- Able to manage supplier relationships
- Able to manage multiple workstreams at the same time.
- Highly driven, 'can do', inspiring, able to articulate in a
crisp and precise manner
- Able to translate strategy to tangible and valuable outcomes
for the local business
- Understand the business, the end-to-end process in the Supply
Chain and can communicate in business language
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Able to look ahead, think strategically while focusing on day
to day delivery.
Keywords: Shell, Bellingham , Procurement Manager - Anacortes, WA, Other , Anacortes, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!