Patient Access Representative - Admitting
Company: Peace Health
Location: Friday Harbor
Posted on: June 6, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Access Representative -
Admitting for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation
starts at $17.14, more depending on experience.
Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling,
insurance verification and pre-certification. Acts as a clinical
liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit
- Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
- Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder
calls and calling all referrals.
- May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport
- Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient
demographic, financial data. Upon registration, address co-pay
(including collections of monies), co-insurance, for scheduled
appointment/procedure, etc. May register patients using a mobile
cart that is taken into patient rooms or other areas.
- Responds to customer's inquiries.
- Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are
met, as well as obtaining all prior authorizations and/or referrals
as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
- Management of ED incoming phone calls, and may be required to
provide switchboard coverage.
- Monitor OB Prosec/McKinley alarm system.
- May be required to assist with Cardiac Rehab departmental
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education equivalent experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year of medical office or related customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD-10
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word,
Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and
- Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting
time sensitive deadlines.
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation. Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs.
or less. Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close
attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Work requires
normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Bellingham , Patient Access Representative - Admitting, Other , Friday Harbor, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!