#999 - Oven/Autoclave Technician
Company: Janicki Industries
Posted on: June 6, 2021
An Autoclave is a pressure chamber used for curing
parts/composites at high temperatures. The Oven Tech is responsible
for loading/unloading, operating and monitoring the Autoclave as
well as conventional ovens. Technicians are required to follow
detailed instructions including reading WOs and cure schedules. The
Oven Tech will be certified by appropriate JI personnel and Cell
Manager in control of the Autoclave and oven resources.
This posting is a high level operator, capable of
troubleshooting the machine as required.
There are two levels of Oven Techs:
I In-training to Basic Operation
II Advanced Security and Systems Operation
Level II will have increased security levels, allowing the
modification of settings, blocking out equipment and generating
cure recipes for the Autoclave. Cell Manager will assess the
capabilities of this Technician.
The following essential job functions are performed as an
- Oven Tech must be trained in the following; First Aid,
CPR, Blood-born Pathogen, SABA, JI Safe 10.7
- Oven Tech will be trained to QMS Documents 200-00140-001
Procedure, B5 Autoclave, 300-00294-001 Instructions, Autoclave #1
Calibration and Maintenance. Comprehension and application of
information will be assessed by the Cell Manager.
- Reads, interprets and follows work orders and work instructions
requiring strict attention to details
- Receives and carries out directions from designated supervisors
and senior technicians
- Sets up and uses electronic monitoring equipment
- Operates, and monitors Autoclave from a remote PC based
console, or using local oven controls as required
- Performs critical debris checks of Autoclave/Oven prior to and
- Completes ALL documentation of product and processes including:
checklists, work orders, data logs and thermocouple maps
- Enters stored files in the Company database as well as Enters
the Non-Labor hours in P6
- Understands Nitrogen hazard and response, as well as fire
hazard potential, Fire Extinguisher use, and Critical Fire
- Incumbent must be able to read, understand and comply with all
safety practices including the use of MSDS sheets and hazardous
material disposal procedures
- Uses forklifts, Cranes and pallet jacks, moves, locates and
balances large parts in the appropriate ovens
- Performs routine minor and major maintenance on equipment
including, Autoclave and carts, track, accessories associated with
- Identifies and uses a variety of power and hand tools,
equipment, and material needed to perform job functions
- Trains to AS9100, Nadcap Standards, 5S, and JI Safety rules,
and other qualifications as needed
- Must have schedule flexibility to work any shift and/or 12 hour
shifts as needed to support oven schedules. When directed, assists
in other work areas including, but not limited to, Mold Fab,
Machine or Assembly Cells
- Performs other duties as assigned
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN OR LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT FOR THIS
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US
Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8
U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- High school diploma or GED is required. Beginning operator must
have the ability to read, understand and follow work orders and
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in
the English language.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Prior experience in oven operation in a similar setting is
- Over three months of experience in a construction or other
industrial setting is required.
- One year of experience in a directly related field may be
substituted for education.
- One year of technical school may be substituted for
- Must be able to obtain Forklift Certification through Janicki
- Previous oven experience is strongly desired.
- Must be able and willing to gain security clearance and obtain
a government issued security clearance upon hire.
Must be able to sit, stand or crouch down for extended periods;
must be able to work as a team member; must be able to read and
interpret technical data, must be able to climb ladders and work
platforms, must be able to work in either hot or cold environments.
Must be able to use various hand and power tools. Job requires the
use of personal protective equipment due to hazards relevant to
eyes, ears, skin and lungs.
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki
Industries does not does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital
or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or
any other legally protected status.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki
Industries Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals
with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation
to the application/interview process should notify the Human
Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.
Keywords: Janicki Industries, Bellingham , #999 - Oven/Autoclave Technician, Other , Hamilton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!