#962 - Welder
Company: Janicki Inustries, Inc.
Location: Sedro Woolley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Welder performs a variety of duties and utilizes multiple
skillsets. Welders are required to follow detailed instructions and
drawings carefully, have basic mechanical knowledge, manual
dexterity, good eyesight and the ability to perform repetitive
tasks. Technicians are primarily responsible for various types of
weld preparation, welding and fabrication of weldments, including
cutting, grinding and finish welding operations.
The following essential job functions are performed as a
- Attention to detail and quality is required.
- Reads and understands blueprints, isometric drawings and work
- Receives and carries out directions from designated Supervisors
and Production Leads.
- Must be able to understand and comply with JI Safety
- Identifies and obtains equipment, tools and materials needed to
properly perform job function.
- Knowledge and use of common hand tools and metal fabrication
- Sets up scaffolding and safety barriers under direction.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly,
FOD free condition.
- Properly executes Hazardous Material Disposal activities.
- Performs on the job training, AS9100, Nadcap training and other
training as required.
Job Duties May Include:
- Obtain JI Welding Certifications (as separate
- Metrology, part leveling, fixturing, equipment handling, laser
tracker, radar and targeting as well as Spatial Analyzer Operation
(as a separate Certification).
- Expert Competency in Metal Fabrication to exacting
specifications and drawings.
- Accurate use of precision measuring instruments and working to
- Understanding of Math, Geometry and Trigonometry Skills.
- Janicki Certified, Overhead Crane, Forklift and Manlift
Operation (as separate Certifications).
- Compliance with 5S, AS9100 and Nadcap Standards and
- Must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple
- Must be at work on time and maintain good attendance. This is a
condition of employment and is an essential function of the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US
Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8
U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- Minimum requirement for all positions is a high school diploma
- College level or trade school education preferred.
- One or more years of experience in related field may be
substituted for education.
- Experience in aircraft frame assembly/maintenance and/or
painting would be a plus.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in
the English language.
- 4+ years of welding experience strongly desired.
- Press brake experience a plus.
- Machining experience desired, especially specific to the use of
- Use of laser trackers and metrology desired.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Standard welding and aerospace manufacturing equipment.
Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for an entire shift.
Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods.
Must be able to climb ladders and work platforms. Exposed to noise,
dust, dirt, and paint fumes. Must be able to work under hot and
cold conditions. Personal protective equipment (PPE), safety
glasses and respirator will be required. Must be comfortable
working within confined spaces and at various heights.
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki
Industries does not does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital
or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or
any other legally protected status.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki
Industries' Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals
with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation
to the application/interview process should notify the Human
Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.
Keywords: Janicki Inustries, Inc., Bellingham , #962 - Welder, Other , Sedro Woolley, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!