Seasonal Facilities Assistant
Company: Port of Anacortes
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Seasonal Facilities Assistant is a multi-craft
apprentice-level maintenance position with responsibilities that
include grounds maintenance, custodial work, and other general
maintenance work. This position also assists other facilities
staff, as directed. This position is temporary, full-time, working
40 hours per week including occasional weekends and holidays.
Your Day-to-Day: (Essential Functions)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts general maintenance and upkeep of the facilities to
ensure a safe, clean, and secure environment.
- Performs routine, apprentice-level maintenance on all Port
facilities, tools, equipment, vehicles, and machinery.
- Operates all tools, equipment, and vehicles in a proper and
safe manner by adhering to the Port's safety program and
manufacturer's label instructions, where applicable. Tools,
equipment, and vehicles include but are not limited to landscaping
tools, sprayers, mixers, tractors, bobcats, and power tools.
- Identifies, collects, stores, records, and schedules disposal
of hazardous waste materials collected by the Port. Assists with
any necessary clean-up of hazardous materials utilizing proper
procedures and equipment.
- Observes all safety instructions and adheres to manufacturers
label instructions for safe and proper use of all equipment and
- Provides outstanding, friendly customer service to all Port
customers and employees.
- Perform work primarily outdoors in all weather conditions. This
position is required to carry a cell phone and wear a uniform,
including safety toe shoes.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as
What You Need to Bring to the Team: (KSAOs)
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Possess the following competencies: teamwork orientation,
mechanical aptitude, & attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid driver's license,
- Following an offer of employment and prior to starting work,
pass a pre-employment drug screen & background/driving record check
at no cost to you.
- Physical ability to perform all essential functions of the job.
This includes the ability and stamina to stand, respond quickly,
and walk for 3 hours at a time; navigate uneven, slippery, or wet
surfaces often over or near water; traverse rough terrain; work on
or over water; work at heights; hear, speak, and understand the
spoken English word; read and understand directions in English; see
and adjust focus at close distances, far distances, and in varying
light conditions, as well as perceive depth and color; sit at and
use a computer workstation; carry out repetitive motion with
wrists, and hands, and fingers; ability to lift or carry up to 50
pounds, often lifting weight overhead; crouch, kneel, twist, stoop,
reach, bend, pivot, climb, and/or work in tight or confined areas;
ability and dexterity to push and pull with upper arms, forearms,
and hands; move arms in unison from side-to-side and up-and-down
with a full range of motion; hear alarms and audibly identify
dangers or hazards; ability to climb stairs and ladders.
Why Port of Anacortes:
We truly believe that loving where you work matters! We aim to
provide seasonal positions that provide great compensation and
professional growth opportunities.
- Competitive wages ($18.19-$19.69)
- Full-time hours
- Set schedule
- Great working environment
First review of applications on May 17, 2021. This posting will
remain open until filled.
Keywords: Port of Anacortes, Bellingham , Seasonal Facilities Assistant, Other , Anacortes, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!